Craftsman 9512 multi-tool

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
kootenay joe

Re: Craftsman 9512 multi-tool

Post by kootenay joe »

"substituted the cork screw for the Philips head"
Oops i missed that, but not unusual in that the Craftsman knives usually had some aspect different from the same knife that was marketed with the manufacturer's name (Camillus or Schrade).
kj
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I have owned the Schrade Walden version of this knife. I believe the knives were a failed attempt to duplicate and compete with the quality of the Swiss made Wenger and Victorinox knives. Although the quality of the Schrade Walden made knives was very good the cost of producing these knives might have been prohibitive. I have never seen one of these knives that post dated the Schrade Walden era so the knives would have been made pre 1974 and before the Imperial Ireland knives.

Here are pics of a SW that is from my knife graveyard. Minus the master spear point blade.
Attachments
IMG_5012[1].JPG
IMG_5013[1].JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

btrwtr wrote: I have never seen one of these knives that post dated the Schrade Walden era so the knives would have been made pre 1974 and before the Imperial Ireland knives.

Here are pics of a SW that is from my knife graveyard. Minus the master spear point blade.
Wayne, a couple things that might interest you:
First,
click on this link and scroll to the bottom of the list: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/co ... ade-tools/
This takes you to the research section here on AAPK where I posted other similar Swiss Army type knives from Schrade.
The DeraLens models called the Captain were a US-made version of the Swiss Army classic. I believe the parts for these were made at least in part by Camillus and perhaps they made the whole knife, but I have not been able to establish that through research with any degree of finality yet.
The Century series are SAK type knives that were made in Germany. Most of these were in the catalogs for five or six years so I imagine they had a certain degree of success. They are a well-made knife.

If you were making the point that they didn't try to make that series in the US, with the exception of the Captain, I believe you are correct.

Second,
I believe I have an unused master blade for a Schrade Walden 906 stainless. Let me know if you want to try to put one in your knife.
Please take pictures and make notes because I want to replace the master blade in one of my 906s. :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”