Schrade U.S.A. 881W Question

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
SolWarrior

Schrade U.S.A. 881W Question

Post by SolWarrior »

I bought a Schrade N.Y. U.S.A. 881W a while back and have someone interested in it. I was looking through some Schrade PDF catalogs but found nothing on it as the W is not stamped after the 881. Does anyone know if Schrade ever listed this knife anywhere? I know it's not a common one, and possibly even rare, and - if I remember correctly - possibly made from parts during Schrade's end of days. If so, I'm guessing that's the end of that search.
881W.jpg
KnifeSlinger#81

Re: Schrade U.S.A. 881W Question

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

The handles look like a scrimshaw blank, but a scrimshaw knife should not be stamped 881. At least not in any official capacity. Have you seen it anywhere described as an 881W?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
SolWarrior

Post by SolWarrior »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:The handles look like a scrimshaw blank, but a scrimshaw knife should not be stamped 881. At least not in any official capacity. Have you seen it anywhere described as an 881W?
Hey, Paul. ::handshake:: Yeah. It was listed on eBay as an 881W with paperwork and small plastic bag. All as coming originally like that from Schrade. I did a sold listings search during the bidding time and found a couple more, one without paperwork and one with the same things from a different but well known seller. None came with the plastic tube...or a box.

I posted asking about the W and here's what KJ and others said - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50470&p=537701#p537701
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

I just won a bid on that same exact knife . Exiting for sure .
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Just for what it is worth, here is a link to one of the 505SC knives that is begging for bids on the bay.

Ray
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274815121303
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 pm Just for what it is worth, here is a link to one of the 505SC knives that is begging for bids on the bay.

Ray
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274815121303
That one certainly looks like yellow delrin which is strange since the 500 series was typically white delrin scrimshawed .
The 881 came in yellow with sometimes the stamp of 881Y . But yet the one I'm getting has 881 on the tang stamp and it is White Delrin just like the OP's photo .
So now we see an 881 with off white covers and a 505 with yellow covers . What's really going on here ?

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”