"Colt Barry Wood knife"

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
billybobwood

"Colt Barry Wood knife"

Post by billybobwood »

trying to get some information on this "Colt Barry Wood knife" i found this on the web http://arizonaknifenews.com/barry-wood-colt-knives/ about it i think its one of the first 500 made bought it from a collection that had a lot of older knives i'm thankful for any help you can give me
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
20170118_104455.jpg
billybobwood

Re: "Colt Barry Wood knife"

Post by billybobwood »

the case and top and bottom of the knife
Attachments
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Yes, these are great folding hunters. I bought one from Pachmayer's in Los Angeles about 1973 and I still have it with the sheath. They are very collectable - yours looks almost mint and should have considerable value.
billybobwood

Post by billybobwood »

thanks for the information i found someone that knows his son-in-law going to have him look at some of the picture to see if it one of the first 500 made
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

billybobwood wrote:thanks for the information i found someone that knows his son-in-law going to have him look at some of the picture to see if it one of the first 500 made

Hi, Billy:
I have one like yours, but it has a dark brown sheath, and is new Unused, in the original box, marked Ser. # U1050. I would sure like to here what you find out about the early ones, and their worth. Here is a picture of mine.
Sut Tatersaul
Attachments
DSC01747.JPG
DSC01756.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”