The "black knife" Charles Ochs or Ron Miller?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
ErikJon

Re: The "black knife" Charles Ochs or Ron Miller?

Post by ErikJon »

This was very interesting to read. I don’t know what it is about this knife but I’m very attracted to it. Possibly because I was in the Army for 10 years as an 11B and did 3 combat tours, 2 Iraq and one to Afghanistan for a total of 3 1/2 years deployed. I’ve had numerous autos, even had a couple issued unfortunately none were from Mr. Ochs. Do you know how long ago the Gator Show was? I did email Ox Enterprise a month ago when I first heard of the Black Knife asking if there was any available. Sadly to be informed there was none in stock and I would be advised when there would be. My fingers are crossed another production run will be soon. I’d sure love to get one from the man himself because I cannot afford to pay what the used ones are going for now that I am a 100% disabled combat veteran. Thank God I have a great wife or I’d have nothing at all. Do you know if there was any made with titanium handles? I read in a description where they said the handles were made out of titanium and read where another guy was asking if they were too. It would sure be nice if I was to run into a string of good luck and someone had a few of these stashed that wanted to to sell for a reasonable price. If you so happen to run into or know of someone I could get one could you please let me know i’d greatly appreciate it. Also I appreciate your info thank you. Wishing you well my friend and everyone else out there. Again thank you hope to hear from you soon.
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

I have one of the originals, as new, I'd sell. I have a well worn, not abused, serrated one I carried along time. My first "good" auto.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Hello TazmanTom18 that’s awesome what are you asking for it and could you please send me some photos. I can’t believe I missed this one back in the early 90’s. I was around 19 or 20 years old back then but I guess I wasn’t introduced to high end autos till 96 when I bought my first real high speed one at a gun and knife show it was a Brend/Woodard collaboration I think Walter told me it was the Model 1 auto for 300. Any way I don’t wanna bore you to death and scare you away.
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

I'm good, thanks. This was my first good auto, my EDC for several years. It is serrated,.
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

I have a couple of black colored knives with no markings that look similar to ones posted. They fire really hard. Counterfeit junk or something special?
Attachments
100_0020.JPG
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Oh those are sweet! I’m almost certain the top one is a baby Ox and the other well at first looked like a vintage Benchmade but closer look a couple other makers came to mind. Are you selling?
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Man that bottom one could possibly be from Miller, Ochs or Reese the way that blade is ground looks like Mr Ochs’s handy work.
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

The bottom one does have a mark i forgot about. It is a parachute with a cougar looks like. You can barely see it on the blade. They aren't for sale but thanks anyway.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

I saw that. Where did you say you got these. If they are what I think they are that there was the beginning of the coil spring and plunge lock. It’s too bad greedy people copied his invention to make capital gain to me that is stealing. There will be people seeing these that will know better then me and know for sure. I’m sure if you wanted to sell them to me at the most 300 A piece if that. This will give you what’s the big ones go for

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/kni ... s.html?p=4
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

The bottom one is a Rob Dalton
luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

Thank you kindly for the info ErikJon. They are both Rob Dalton's. Top one is a Baby Seal and bottom is AFO.
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Your welcome glad I could help. I’d like to get one of Dalton’s knives one day to check out his quality of craftsmanship. I need to get back into hitting the knife shows again I’d like to find more of these styles.

Take care and God bless
Erik
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Hello TazmanTom18, if I’m understanding correctly this is the first prototype of the Black Knife? It’s actually a good looking knife in my opinion. I like the grinds on the blade and find it very attractive. The handle is pretty cool to I like the mill work and the combination of the blade and handle is very eye catching and would be a piece I’d definitely be interested in buying. I really would like to put one in my hand to feel the weight balance and action. It’s a must have to put with my collection in progress not only because I find it a great looking knife but for its history and the guys involved Ron inventing the plunge lock with coil spring, Reese Wieland I’m sure who did the engineering, and Charles Ochs Im guessing who worked on the blade. But please correct me I don’t want to start rumors with my guesses. I’ve always been interested with tactical knives ever since I was a very young boy of course back then it was the survival knife and bayonet.
TazmanTom18 if you could get ahold of me I’d like to discuss further this knife. I think I have a proposition you’d be very interested in. Thanks for the info!

ErikJon
hoot012@msn.com

Post by hoot012@msn.com »

I just bought one of the Ox Forge black knives it was dated 2007 but the UDT knife has been made by Dalton, Microtech, Paragon and I think I have even seen a Al Mar version. Its all good! ::ds::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

hoot012@msn.com wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:34 pm I just bought one of the Ox Forge black knives it was dated 2007 but the UDT knife has been made by Dalton, Microtech, Paragon and I think I have even seen a Al Mar version. Its all good! ::ds::
::welcome:: to AAPK Hoot! ::handshake:: Congrats on your new acquisition! 8)
8)
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

luckydog64 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 pm Thank you kindly for the info ErikJon. They are both Rob Dalton's. Top one is a Baby Seal and bottom is AFO.
Mine are the OX ENT the original black knife I’m a big collector and have the older and newer ones. Here’s one from 2005 if I can figure out how to add a photo. That’s why I put my number in so if you wanted to see photos. Much easier for me to text then figure out how to add a photo here.
Attachments
OX ENT BLK-2005
OX ENT BLK-2005
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Erik! You do realize the last post is from a year ago, don't you? Jus' sayin'! 8)
8)
espn77

Post by espn77 »

ErikJon wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:37 pm
luckydog64 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 pm Thank you kindly for the info ErikJon. They are both Rob Dalton's. Top one is a Baby Seal and bottom is AFO.
Mine are the OX ENT the original black knife I’m a big collector and have the older and newer ones. Here’s one from 2005 if I can figure out how to add a photo. That’s why I put my number in so if you wanted to see photos. Much easier for me to text then figure out how to add a photo here.
Those are great knives

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”