Tang Stamps Charts

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Donwomble

Re: Tang Stamps Charts

Post by Donwomble »

Ty mumbley! I just recently started my knife collection after I inherited at 95 buck 119 from my wife's dad shortly after he passed.Ive had it for a few years but have been hesitant on carrying it. He didn't use it as a EDC , but rather as a trophy from a storage find. I'm now getting into old blade collecting instead of just EDC. I live in a great area for them aswell , so I will post new blades and whatnot when I acquire the goodies. Thanks friend!
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Levine says HIT was a Colonial mark. That's all. J.O'.
rwmoss1

Post by rwmoss1 »

I think it's a great idea.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Just as an update to anyone using the Queen / Queen City / Schatt & Morgan tang guide, there was an updated version released May 2022 that included some additional stamps. Total list now has 71 different ones. I'm sure there are more out there to be found.
Attachments
tang guide V8-single sheet-QCG-front.jpg
tang guide V8-single sheet-QCG-rear.jpg
Carl B.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Thanks, Carl!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
G_Keys

Post by G_Keys »

The problem I have with the Case tang chart is that a lot of the time you can find one that's close but just doesn't quite match. It throws me off with trying to date my knives. But I will say, I'm not good at it as is. ::dang::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

G_Keys wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:32 am The problem I have with the Case tang chart is that a lot of the time you can find one that's close but just doesn't quite match. It throws me off with trying to date my knives. But I will say, I'm not good at it as is. ::dang::
The chart in the Research section here (click on Research in the header at the top of this page and scroll down to find W.R. Case Pocket Knife Age Identification). With a little practice you’ll get pretty good at it. However there are a few tricky ones that aren’t obvious. Any that you can’t figure out, just post pictures of the tang stamps in the Case Collector’s subforum here. Someone will know. viewforum.php?f=66

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
aimwell

Post by aimwell »

Great Idea, However most of us are old and our eye site is not what it used to be, so you need to make it larger. ::tu::
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

The Queen historians group has updated the Queen tang stamp chart. Making a few slight modifications, as well as adding in a few new stamps. This new version is updated as of October 2023.

Here are pages 1-6.
Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
Carl B.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

pages 7-12.
Attachments
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
Carl B.
jw517

Post by jw517 »

Is there a switchblade tang stamp chart?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Not that I know of. This one is under generic Knife Related Q&A, so if you have anything on switchblades you can put it here. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Link to Case tang stamps chart at Case Collector’s Club “Case College” site https://www.casecollectorsclub.com/college/tang-stamps/

Includes Roman numeral stamps, Case Select, and miscellaneous brands made by Case (Case family brands, etc).

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

Been looking for clarification on Keen Kutter stamps.
As usual, the only info I've been able to find is conflicting and unclear.
Goodnight Chesty Puller... wherever you are... ::pray::
Lady2Unique

Post by Lady2Unique »

::ds:: Today is my first day here and I have been SO thrilled with education I’ve received in such a short amount of time. These Tang Stamp listings are a GAME CHANGER for me! My “boy”friend gave me all his Dad’s pocket knives….I have hundreds. I already have a glass cabinet full. I’m in the process of I.D.ing them and selling a lot. There’s two books of Case knifes Oh & I have a WW1 1917 Bayonet and Scabbard. I reckon I’m going to have to figure how to use 15+ year old eBay sellers platform. It’s a lot different now. The way I understand it is I’m going to need to buy a mailing label printer. I’ve looked on Amazon & they’re Too high but then there’s paper & the roller do dad that keeps the roll of stamps straight. Can someone please help!.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Lady2Unique wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:18 am ::ds:: Today is my first day here and I have been SO thrilled with education I’ve received in such a short amount of time. These Tang Stamp listings are a GAME CHANGER for me! My “boy”friend gave me all his Dad’s pocket knives….I have hundreds. I already have a glass cabinet full. I’m in the process of I.D.ing them and selling a lot. There’s two books of Case knifes Oh & I have a WW1 1917 Bayonet and Scabbard. I reckon I’m going to have to figure how to use 15+ year old eBay sellers platform. It’s a lot different now. The way I understand it is I’m going to need to buy a mailing label printer. I’ve looked on Amazon & they’re Too high but then there’s paper & the roller do dad that keeps the roll of stamps straight. Can someone please help!.
I print all my labels on my regular ink printer. All you have to do is trim the labels and use good quality clear tape.
And if you should decide you'd like to sell all the knives at one time, let me know. :shock: :D

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

Lady2Unique wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:18 am ::ds:: Today is my first day here and I have been SO thrilled with education I’ve received in such a short amount of time. These Tang Stamp listings are a GAME CHANGER for me! My “boy”friend gave me all his Dad’s pocket knives….I have hundreds. I already have a glass cabinet full. I’m in the process of I.D.ing them and selling a lot. There’s two books of Case knifes Oh & I have a WW1 1917 Bayonet and Scabbard. I reckon I’m going to have to figure how to use 15+ year old eBay sellers platform. It’s a lot different now. The way I understand it is I’m going to need to buy a mailing label printer. I’ve looked on Amazon & they’re Too high but then there’s paper & the roller do dad that keeps the roll of stamps straight. Can someone please help!.
Welcome to AAPK!
I'm a newbie as well (just over a year)
When you add a listing to your store here, you can customize your shipping cost. This is only a side gig for me, so I just drop my boxes off at postal annex. I charge $10 for shipping and I still end up coming out of pocket a bit on most shipments. I would recommend adding estimated shipping to your items until you get a home unit.
Good luck! 👍
Oh, and let me know if you have any Queens!
Goodnight Chesty Puller... wherever you are... ::pray::
Lady2Unique

Post by Lady2Unique »

Thanks SO much! I can’t wait till I can sell but I’ve got to learn things first. :D Like how to or if I can and where I can load a pic to see if someone could help me. Plus I’ve got to find an excellent blade cleaner. Learning forums is different from one to another. I’m on one for Luxury handbags….what can I say, I know beautifully crafted items. Thanks Again!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad you found it. Post your pictures and duscussion in the General Knife forum, not in this tang stamps thread. Instructions for how to post pictures can be found in the AAPK Tips & Tricks FAQ Forum. Recommend you go here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/ to familiarize yourself with what is available on AAPK. There is a post there about cleaning viewtopic.php?t=65391. And info about selling here on AAPK can be found by clicking in the box on the upper right of this page where it says Support AAPK. Hope that helps! ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Lady2Unique wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:51 pm Thanks SO much! I can’t wait till I can sell but I’ve got to learn things first. :D Like how to or if I can and where I can load a pic to see if someone could help me. Plus I’ve got to find an excellent blade cleaner. Learning forums is different from one to another. I’m on one for Luxury handbags….what can I say, I know beautifully crafted items. Thanks Again!!
For a blade cleaner, it is mainly elbow grease and one of the pastes available such as Semichrome or any of several others. Not sure but there might be some available in the AAPK stores. I use Metal Glow but it is about 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. One important part to me is that I never use any thing with a motor on it to clean one up.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Lady2Unique

Post by Lady2Unique »

Thank you SO much! This site and the people are great! I really appreciate it! :D

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”