Remington Display Case

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
usnpgs

Remington Display Case

Post by usnpgs »

I have a 1950s Remington pocket knife display case that I believe was once in a drug store. It has 5 Remington knives displayed and four original boxes in the back. The knives are labeled: R-1 Upland, R-2 Waterfowl, R-3 Big Game, R-4 Utility, and a Limited Addition Muskrat Model B4466. All are in perfect unused condition. Does anyone have an idea as to value?
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi,

Is there any way we could get a picture? The only remington knives that I know of that have these stamps are relatively recent productions. I know there are old R1 and R3 knives, but they are jack knives, and I don't think they would have had Upland, or Big Game etched on. I guess I just don't know what you have. Especially without a picture.

Bryan

Post by Guest »

Thanks Bryan,

I made a mistake about age. I looked in the boxes and it looks like they were made in the 1980s, not the 1950s. The names, Upland, Big Game, etc. are not stamped on the knives themselves, they are stamped on a presentation backing where the knives are displayed. All five are jack knives. Each knife fits into a cut out in the display that has the model, name, and price for each ranging between $24.95 - $47.95.

I wish I could add a picture but, I have never figured out how to get pictures from my camera into the computer. I guess I had better learn.

Jerry

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”