Winchester W5132 Knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
CC2116

Winchester W5132 Knife

Post by CC2116 »

Hi All, I’m needing some advice, I’m trying to find details and price of my Winchester knife, which I was given about 10 to 20 years ago.

It’s a folding blade with metal handle, it has “Winchester” etched on one side and an eagle 🦅 on the other, the blade has W5132 on the blade and 440 Stainless on the other. Please see attached photos for reference.

Any and all help is appreciated. Especially if you have links to said knife information.
Attachments
251E3A68-FE74-45A6-860A-0542E008EEA9.jpeg
55E7DB3E-6387-49F9-B648-8746D5DC1A92.jpeg
I want to leave the world a better place, than when I came into it. What a wonderful world we would live in if everyone did that
Desert Golfer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Winchester W5132 Knife

Post by Desert Golfer »

It appears to have been made in China. Maybe worth 10 Bucks. Welcome to AAPK. ::tu:: Mike
CC2116

Post by CC2116 »

Desert Golfer wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am It appears to have been made in China. Maybe worth 10 Bucks. Welcome to AAPK. ::tu:: Mike
Hi Mike, how do you know it’s made in China? I presumed the “W” number was some sort of reference number or to show it was a legitimate item.
I want to leave the world a better place, than when I came into it. What a wonderful world we would live in if everyone did that
Desert Golfer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Desert Golfer »

I don't know for a fact that it was made in China, I said it appears that it was made there. It doesn't say Made in USA anywhere that I can see. All the Winchester Knives produced by Bluegrass Cutlery say Made in USA.
CC2116

Post by CC2116 »

Desert Golfer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:40 am I don't know for a fact that it was made in China, I said it appears that it was made there. It doesn't say Made in USA anywhere that I can see. All the Winchester Knives produced by Bluegrass Cutlery say Made in USA.
Oh okay. Could it have been a Winchester Knife but not made in the USA or are all Winchester Knives made there?
Desert Golfer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Desert Golfer »

Winchester Repeating Arms Co. stopped making Knives in early 1942. All Winchester branded knives made after that time were made by others. Winchester Licensed Bluegrass Cutlery to produce Winchester branded knives in 1987. All Bluegrass Knives are made in the USA, and say such on them. All other Winchester branded knives are unlicensed reproductions. Mike
CC2116

Post by CC2116 »

Desert Golfer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:10 pm Winchester Repeating Arms Co. stopped making Knives in early 1942. All Winchester branded knives made after that time were made by others. Winchester Licensed Bluegrass Cutlery to produce Winchester branded knives in 1987. All Bluegrass Knives are made in the USA, and say such on them. All other Winchester branded knives are unlicensed reproductions. Mike
Thank you for explaining that to me Mike, I really appreciate it. It’s a shame it’s not a real Winchester Knife, that would have been amazing. It’s still a decent knife and I do use it. Just a bit gutted it’s not a real Winchester. At least I now know lol 😆

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”