Need help identifying “Sitting Bull” No.1 Wild West knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Logainz

Need help identifying “Sitting Bull” No.1 Wild West knife

Post by Logainz »

Hi everyone I’m in need of help identifying this beautiful knife I got inherited to me from my Grandpa that passed away seems very old and he was a collector any info will be useful thanks 🙏
Attachments
Sitting Bull No.1 Wild West knife
Sitting Bull No.1 Wild West knife
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ivoryman

Re: Need help identifying “Sitting Bull” No.1 Wild West knife

Post by Ivoryman »

Logainz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:22 pm Hi everyone I’m in need of help identifying this beautiful knife I got inherited to me from my Grandpa that passed away seems very old and he was a collector any info will be useful thanks 🙏
What does it say on the tang where the blade meets the handle? That will tell you something. Then go from there. How about a picture of it close up? Someone around here will know. Cool knife, I love Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Geronimo stuff. Thanks for showing and welcome.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Logainz

Post by Logainz »

Thanks for the reply, so I uploaded some more pictures I hope it helps and I did try some research and nothing of “sitting Bull” popped up so if any references you might have would be awesome again thanks for the reply stay blessed
SwedgeHead
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by SwedgeHead »

Seems to be from American Mint, no promises on that but I see similar ones listed with Buffalo Bill, Crazy Horse, the alamo, and yours.
Try googling "wild west knife no. 1" and view images, you will find some on Ebay for general value ranges.

It would be a fun little wild west collection .
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Looks like the same knife (different old west character) as this one currently available from American Mint. https://www.americanmint.com/buffalo-bi ... us-5279204. These are “ready made to be collectable” knives.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Logainz

Post by Logainz »

Thank y’all for the input, my Goal is to restore it and Cherish it again thanks 🙏

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”