Ganzo Adimanti D2

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
old4570

Ganzo Adimanti D2

Post by old4570 »

Oh dear !
I have wanted this one for some time .
All the reviews I have seen have been so positive or anti negative !

A) The knife is very well bolted together .
B) The knife looks really good
C) The knife feels - Ok , I have issue here .
The grip is cut short and a trendy looking bend is put right were my pinkie finger wraps around the grip.
That corner digs into my finger ( watch the video ) . Also the clip hits the bone in my hand ..
Making the back end of the knife a pain .

D) Blade ... That false edge looks sweet ! But makes sharpening on my guided knife sharpener a PITA !

Lets get right to edge holding .

Factory Edge returned 200 slices of rope
Guided knife sharpener returned 200 slices of rope - This is not good for D2 Tool Steel .
So I put the knife to the whetstone grinder -
Oh yeah , the grinder really shows up a badly ground edge . And the Adimanti had a badly ground edge .
I did not grind away 100% of the old edge ! That may have been a mistake , but I dont like grinding away my blade steel . I did clean it up 98% at the very least . There were signs under magnification that a little of the old edge remained here and there ( Just a little ) . And that may have cost me a little performance .
Whetstone grinder edge - 400 slices of rope . Thats double folks .

Also the Faux edge is sharp enough to use one of those fire starter rods - ( in the video ) .
Over all , I would like to see better reviews out there .
Without the clip , my hand fits the grip much better and the back of the knife is not nearly as annoying .
Bottom Line -
A) Well bolted together
B) Blade steel looks to be D2
C) Prolonged use is painful
D) Factory grind was ? Poor ?
E) Lose the clip for less pain
F) Faux edge is also a pain if you push on it for cutting comfort ( ? what comfort - hurts like hell after a while )

So ? It is a good knife , and it's not a good knife . If you carry a lot and cut very little ? You might love this knife ?
If you carry very little and cut a lot - you may not like this knife .
50/50

The Adimanti is good , and it's not so good ! ( Just ask my sore hand )
Samb

Re: Ganzo Adimanti D2

Post by Samb »

Ganzo has plenty of others to choose from, pretty descent knives for little money, just my opinion.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”