Rough Ryder Carnivore Jack

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Doug J

Rough Ryder Carnivore Jack

Post by Doug J »

I had noticed on AAPK some back and forth about American brands vs Chinese imports. I AM proud to say that I still have my first knife buy, a made in the USA Schrade non-stainless stockman that I bought in a real Hardware store as a kid. ( you can never duplacate THAT first love feeling!) I love my Case's too much to carry. So that is how a Chinese knife found it's way into my pocket. I can scrape it whilst sharpening it. I can use it. Enter the new Rough Ryder Carnivore, A bone Muskrat with one blade being serrated! Genius! It is advertised as being your own personal steak knife. It comes with a really nifty black leather pouch with a nice pocket clip. $15 bucks. Mine came perfect.
Sometimes a foreign company has what is not available from US. companies. Example: I'm kind of a Ford guy, but, alas I wound up buying a Honda. Only because Ford did not offer what I was looking for. Competition should keep the good guys on their toes.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Rough Ryder Carnivore Jack

Post by 1967redrider »

Pictures, we love pictures! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

The only US made Muskrat with one serrated blade that comes to mind is my smooth bone handled Parker or Parker Edwards. I forget how it's marked. I bought it from a pawn shop with several other inexpensive US made slip joints for $7 each. The serrated blade would make a good steak knife but so will a well sharpened plain edge.

I have added a few Rough Riders onto SMKW orders. They have a great variety of designs. Some of them. like your Muskrat, are not readily available in other brands. I have not previously commented on Rough Riders because I have not used one. I was not going to comment until I knew how long they'll hold an edge. If we could talk you into putting one of your Case knives to work along with your Rough Rider then in time we'd have a comparison. One of these years I'll put a Rough Rider to work myself. Unfortunately for my Rough Riders a worn Case with lots of what we politely call patina is due to arrive any day and I'm more eager to carry it.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have lots of Rough Riders and have used some beginning about 12 years ago (2007). Blades are always very sharp and they edge hold extremely well, better than most other knives. I am only speaking here of RR folding knives of Traditional style.
The 3 RR fixed blades i have tried were not as impressive, likely not made by same manufacturer as the folding knives.
Please show us a picture of the Carnivore Jack.
kj
Doug J

Post by Doug J »

I did take some nice pictures of the Carnivore Jack, then I looked at how to post them. I guess you aren't allowed to. Could be I'm too dumb to figure it out but that's what I thought I read. So you might as well look it up on your own, I guess.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Basically a Muskrat with a serrated blade, if this SMKW listing is correct. ::shrug::

Also, I think every member has the ability to post pictures.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191016-205434.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

you are correct. I was able to post pics, before i had a paid membership. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Doug J wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 am I did take some nice pictures of the Carnivore Jack, then I looked at how to post them. I guess you aren't allowed to. Could be I'm too dumb to figure it out but that's what I thought I read. So you might as well look it up on your own, I guess.
John is correct. Picture posting is enabled for everyone, from the very moment you join AAPK, standard free membership or Premium Membership. Instructions for posting pictures from several devices (PC, Android cell phone, I-Phone, etc) can be found here in the "AAPK Tips & Tricks" forum ---► https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... m.php?f=98

If you have any questions, ask. There's no shame in asking questions. We were all newbies at one time. Some still are. :lol: :lol: ::poke::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

................... ::facepalm:: ......................
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Hey Tommy. I wasn't talkin' bout you. Everyone knows you don't have no electric camera. :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......I've got one, jerry, but I can't stand to use it!!!....... ::td:: ::td:: ::td:: ..........
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........jerry, I can only handle one thing at a time, I'm still typing on this thing with one finger!!!.......... ::doh:: .........

Return to “General Knife Discussion”