Boker (plus) USA is BACK!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
rangerbluedog

Boker (plus) USA is BACK!

Post by rangerbluedog »

I had not realized it, but Boker PLUS is selling a new line of knives made in the USA this Spring.
They are made in the USA by FOX knives for Boker Plus. Historically, Boker plus has been Boker's INTERNATIONAL (read Asian)
They're selling' for about $75. Ima gonna have to get one.
Attachments
BokerUSA.jpg
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
cody6268

Re: Boker (plus) USA is BACK!

Post by cody6268 »

Coincidentally, I got my first USA made Boker recently, an electrician's knife. I've always considered Boker both American and German--NOT Chinese!

Glad they're making them in the US. While I have (and occasionally use) tactical knives--I prefer traditional patterns and just am not a big fan of them. Might get one in orange or blue if they go on sale for less, though. A 3 3/8 blade and a weight of a tad over 2 ounces is great!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

who/ what/ where is "Fox Knives" ??
I've not heard of them before ......
::shrug::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I suspect the knives are made on contract by someone else. It seems someone here would have heard about a new knife factory being built in the USA!

The first Fox knife I saw was made in Italy. Nice F/F but quite inexpensive in price. I think I have seen some made in the Orient as well. ::shrug::

Wonder if Bear & Sons is making them?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

Fox has been around for a while (1970's), they mainly manufacture out of Maniago, Italy. They've done some collaboration work with Boker before (some Vox and Anso collaborations, the new PM-3 Police lockbacks), as well as Spyderco (the Volpe, spyfox) and some direct work with knifemakers I'm familiar with. The products I've handled from Italy have been very well made. Alot of N690 steel.

The US made stuff is actually a small fox factory, not contract made. They set it up back in 2012 initially as a service and distribution location (as the US business has been getting better thanks to the boker, etc stuff)

They stuck some youtube videos up a while back showing some of the operations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8u-ieXZ3uk

As far as I know, the only readily available knives directly marketed as FOX USA from the US shop have been the Amico models designed by Mike Vellekamp, and maybe a fixed blade or two. Everything else is contract work for people like Boker, etc.

I've been contemplating picking one up, just as a show of support, and maybe to tweak a bit (I hate FRN. I'd have to get rid of it)
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Good find, Adam.
I think that little factory is in Seattle, WA.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

It looks like a nice knife IMO. The steel is good, The world needs more lockbacks, and I do like the design. I kinda wish though, as a "kickoff" for the Boker USA line, that the first design would have been from an American knifemaker. So many good ones to choose from too!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”