SPYDERCO SPY-DK 1ST LOOK review

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
junebug

SPYDERCO SPY-DK 1ST LOOK review

Post by junebug »

HEY YA, AAPK KNIFE WIELDIN' PSYCHO'S !!!!!! ::super_happy::

GOT ANOTHER COOL ONE IN .......HERE IS MORE OF A "FIRST LOOK" than a REVIEW,i guess.... :mrgreen:

SPYDERCO
SPY-DK
or model # C179 ------ this is the orange version so add "OR" to end for : C179OR ::tu::

this is a nice lil user knife...... ::nod::
top notch quality...as usual from SPYDERCO 8)
i have carried clipped to pocket.....but am gonna remove the clip and try it as a POCKET KNIFE.....
i PERSONALLY like a larger POCKET CLIP KNIFE for day to day carry......this size for ME....is more a sunday knife if used with pocket clip ::nod::

Made for DANISH LAWS..... ::tu::
MADE IN ITALY 8)
BY A USA COMPANY ::tu::
i have nothin but good ta say so far....and spyderco's web page can tell the SPECS better than i can...so i will copy and paste that :mrgreen: ::tu::

i like to try NEW steels so the N690Co ought to be cool in the long run,as a side benefit.

VERY MUCH LIKE A TRADITIONAL FOLDER.......1/2 STOPS....AND NO LOCK.

The Spy-DK™ is based on the platform of Spyderco’s revolutionary UK Penknife, but specially modified to allow it to conform with Danish knife laws. Its blade is full-flat ground from Böhler-Uddeholm’s premium N690Co stainless steel, but its length is reduced to 68mm (2.69 inches). The Trademark Round Hole™ clearly identifies it as a Spyderco knife and provides a handy purchase for two-handed opening, but the hole is purposely small to prevent one-handed blade-opening methods. Its stout notched-joint mechanism is also powered by a strong spring that helps hold the blade securely in the open and closed positions, supporting its safe use as a cutting tool while precluding one-handed opening.

The Spy-DK’s lightweight handle is constructed of injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) scales attached directly to the stainless steel back spacer/spring. The molded checkered pattern on the scales and a textured index-finger choil at the juncture of the blade and handle ensure a secure grip and allow the user’s index finger to serve as a natural stop to prevent unintentional closure during use. A reversible deep-pocket wire clip provides both left and right-side tip-up carry, keeping the knife accessible for immediate use while naturally blending with virtually any color of clothing.

Although created to conform with Danish knife laws, the Spy-DK’s highly functional design and socially friendly demeanor make it a perfect choice for knife users everywhere. It combines convenient clip carry and a purposeful two-hand-opening into a design that redefines the non-locking pocketknife.

length overall 3.60" (91 mm) blade length 2.69" (68 mm) blade steel N690Co
length closed 6.29" (160 mm) cutting edge 2.30" (58 mm) weight 1.9 oz (54 g)
blade thickness 0.112" (2.8 mm) handle material FRN
Attachments
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 026.JPG
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 017.JPG
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 025.JPG
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 023.JPG
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 021.JPG
KNIFE PICS AND BOMB 022.JPG
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
jmh58

Re: SPYDERCO SPY-DK 1ST LOOK review

Post by jmh58 »

Hey Josh.. How did this pan out?? ::tu:: or ::td:: .. Got the Pingo in the same steel and find it sharpens nice and holds an edge well.. F&F is good too.. This is my work knife and I have put it to some hard use.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
junebug

Re: SPYDERCO SPY-DK 1ST LOOK review

Post by junebug »

::tu::
still in the HERD..... ::nod::
it has not received much pocket time tho......i PREFER the DELICA sized for EDC ....... ::nod::
i was thinkin of removing the clip and totein IN POCKET time ta time..... ::shrug::

plus i have been gettin MUCH BETTER stuff in ta tote,......THANKS BRO :wink: :mrgreen:

But IT WILL STAY (for now)....i have only sold 2 spydercos....both just didn't work for me...or my son
SS ENDURA & RESCUE JR..... ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016

Return to “General Knife Discussion”