Ka-BAR Dozier - REVIEW

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
BR101

Ka-BAR Dozier - REVIEW

Post by BR101 »

Specifications:
Overall Length: 7.25"
Blade Length: 3"
Blade Thickness: 0.11"
Closed Length: 4.25"
Blade Steel: AUS 8A stainless steel
Weight: 2.2 oz.

Looking for a great EDC knife that doesn't break the bank? The Ka-Bar Dozier is certainly a knife that fits the bill for a great budget knife. I bought these about a week and half ago and been carrying them off and on ever since. Over the last couple of days I really been beating on the orange Dozier at work. Between breaking down heavy-duty cardboard shipping boxes and 1.25" rope this knife has really taken a beating and still retains a great service edge.

The drop-point blade on this Ka-Bar Dozier is constructed out of AUS8 stainless steel. Aus8 is easy to service and retains a nice razor edge for quite some time. The black coating gives it a nice aesthetic look but will shows signs of ware after some use. The oval hole for deploying is easy for right or left hand use. The lock-back locking mechanism is strong and dependable. When the blade is open there is absolutely no movement what-so-ever.

The handle is constructed out of Zytel, known for its high strength and low weight properties. The diamond shape texturing on the handles really allow you to get a firm purchase for making cuts. The handle is big enough that even when wearing gloves you will feel confident using this knife.

Out of the box the pocket clips had a little more tension than I like. If that's an issue don't worry, it was a simple 2 minute fix with a pair of needle nose pliers. I just bent the clip outwards just a hair and not there both perfect! In a pant pocket they sit nice with about 1/2" exposed. The pocket clip on these knives can be changed for left or right hand carry - tip up carry only.

More Pictures:
* Clipped on the side of my LAPG Operator bag - Picture
* Dozier compared to Cryo and One-ton - Picture + Picture
* Dozier and Nano - Picture

My final conclusion on the Ka-Bar Dozier: Overall it's a awesome budget EDC knife. Super sharp out of the box! It weights next to nothing and has a blade that's good for most cutting task you'll encounter day to day. And best of all, it's inexpensive enough that you won't feel bad throwing it around. At this price it's definitely worth scooping one or two up for gifts like I have.

Check out my WEBSITE for other gear reviews!

Thanks
- Scott
MattBPKT

Re: Ka-BAR Dozier - REVIEW

Post by MattBPKT »

Thanks for the review Scott. I have always been fond of Ka-Bar but haven't played with this one yet.
Reminds me a little of the SOG Flash II which also has the Zytel handel though is a bit more expensive.

I'll be picking one up to play with soon.

Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

It's a stud of a knife for the money! ::tu::

I did a review on one last year!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
junebug

Post by junebug »

THANKS scott ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Keep Near the Cross.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

AGR sells 2 different Dozier branded knives that are made for them in China. These are patterns that AG bought from Bob Dozier so are different from this Kabar Dozier.
Does anyone have an AGR Dozier ?
kj

Return to “General Knife Discussion”