Cleaning a Stacked Leather Kabar

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Cleaning a Stacked Leather Kabar

Post by dlr110 »

This is a knife that belongs to a friend of mine and he wanted me to try and clean it up.
It was pretty ugly when I got it. I think I got at least 99% of the rust off of it and then I
cleaned up the handle with WD-40 and got all kinds of crud off of it. Then I used some
Murphys Oil Soap on it, wiped it off and let it dry. Then I used some Leather conditioner
on it and the sheath and a polishing wax. I don't know what else I can do and I would be
very happy to hear from anyone on the subject of the knife blade or handle.
Before
123_1.jpeg
After
20230116_212908.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cleaning a Stacked Leather Kabar

Post by herbva »

David, from just looking at your pictures, I have to say that you did a terrific job. In fact, from just looking at the first picture alone I would have assumed there would be much deeper pitting. Great job! ::tu:: ::tu::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I'm not sure anything else needs to be done. The knife looks fantastic now. Excellent job; your friend oughta be pleased! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Great Job David!! It looks like a different knife. ::nod::
Nev

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”