Need Parker Cut. Co. repaired

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Blackknight755

Need Parker Cut. Co. repaired

Post by Blackknight755 »

I have a Parker Cut. Co. surgical steel japan that I broke the blade many years ago. I should have had it repaired way back then, but I put it in a drawer and forgot about it... fast forward to now. I am including pictures of my knife (or whats left of it) and also a knife that I found on e b a y that is the exact same knife that I have. I do not know the name or model number of my knife, hence the picture of the exact same one as mine so maybe someone can recognize it.

I know that its probably not worth the price to repair it but it has great sentimental value to me. Anyone that can replace the blade please send me a message.
Attachments
My broken knife
My broken knife
My broken knife
My broken knife
Need one like this minus the rust
Need one like this minus the rust
need one like this minus the rust
need one like this minus the rust
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Need Parker Cut. Co. repaired

Post by Reverand »

I am fairly sure that I do not have a Parker blade that would fit it, but I will look in the next few days to be sure.
What is the full length of the knife when it is closed?
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

If you’re sure the ebay knife is the same pattern as yours, your best bet is to buy it and use it for a donor blade to fix yours. The blade on the ebay knife just needs a little cleaning up, otherwise looks to be in reasonably good shape. Although it is possibly you may find another donor blade, it’s not likely.

Finding a donor knife is the hard part. Once you have a donor, getting someone to put it into your knife is the easy part. JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Blackknight755

Post by Blackknight755 »

Reverand wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:37 pm I am fairly sure that I do not have a Parker blade that would fit it, but I will look in the next few days to be sure.
What is the full length of the knife when it is closed?
Sir it is 3 5/8 inches.
Blackknight755

Post by Blackknight755 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:10 pm If you’re sure the ebay knife is the same pattern as yours, your best bet is to buy it and use it for a donor blade to fix yours. The blade on the ebay knife just needs a little cleaning up, otherwise looks to be in reasonably good shape. Although it is possibly you may find another donor blade, it’s not likely.

Finding a donor knife is the hard part. Once you have a donor, getting someone to put it into your knife is the easy part. JMO

Ken
I would buy it but the starting bid is $79. The knife really has a lot of sentimental value but not quite that much.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

-Edit- nevermind. I just looked a second time and realized that your knife is a Parker Japan.
I will keep on looking!

Here is the closest thing that I have found so far:
This knife is a Bear and Son, which means that it was made in the same factory as yours, only several years later, after Parker sold the company.
The blade shape is different, but I still believe that it will fit your knife. I will also look through my parts knives out in the shop building when I can, to see if I have anything closer to your original.
Attachments
IMG_20220808_215116342-1.jpg
IMG_20220808_215130890-1.jpg
IMG_20220808_215147946-1.jpg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”