Re-Rigged

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
KleenCut61

Re-Rigged

Post by KleenCut61 »

:D Project Sheffield Sailor Knife Parts and Progress , I Know You Guys Like Step By Step , , Need to make a bail , Since I Have Been Up- To my ( Lol) With Life Happens , I Find This Project To Be Of The Utmost Importance ,, ( Lol )K.C. Don't Seem To Be Any Order To My Madness so you might have to piece things together ( Lol)more photo's to follow .
Attachments
IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
SRFE6649.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG
KleenCut61

Re: Re-Rigged

Post by KleenCut61 »

More Progress Photo's Which I edited . sorry K.C.
Attachments
Original
Original
Original
Original
Blued Steel center Liner Backsprings And Blades
Blued Steel center Liner Backsprings And Blades
Coin Edge Nickel Silver Bolsters
Coin Edge Nickel Silver Bolsters
IMG_0785 (2).JPG
IMG_0784 (2).JPG
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I like the way your going! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Very nice! I like all the pics you have posted that show your progress!
Your fit and finish sure looks nice!

::tu:: ::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Looking good! I've done a few of those. The ones I did had nail breaking springs, so I never used anything neat like bone, I was too afraid it would crack under the strain. I used micarta on those ones. I suppose stag would be strong enough. Hmmm ::hmm::
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:27 pm Very nice! I like all the pics you have posted that show your progress!
Your fit and finish sure looks nice!

::tu:: ::tu::
glennbad wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:07 pm Looking good! I've done a few of those. The ones I did had nail breaking springs, so I never used anything neat like bone, I was too afraid it would crack under the strain. I used micarta on those ones. I suppose stag would be strong enough. Hmmm ::hmm::
Doc B wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:17 am I like the way your going! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks fella's . Going to Make a Flat long loop bail .. I think there flashy 8) Back spring on theses Type Knives are very strong . Nothing I would be comfortable using . So The project Begins ( Lol) Its quite possible to tweak the snap by varying Pin Hole Size and placement or so I found out . But the Liners must be Original before the modification with the pin size .. ::tu:: Thanks for youR Comments Will Have it completed Soon , I will take some 360 Views Should You like some ideas .. Ty K.C

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”