Schrade 30t reblade

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Byrd

Schrade 30t reblade

Post by Byrd »

I got this Schrade in a lot of broken knives off EBay. I wanted some clunkers to practice refurbing since I'm a novice knife rebuilder. If you look at the picture the blade that was on it has a snapped tip, grinding lines and it was bent.

On EBay I found a guy that was selling new blades for 2 for $6.50! With just minimal fitting it fit well.

If anyone needs a spare 30t blade I have a spare I can hook you up with!
Attachments
20190606_142442_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
Doc B

Re: Schrade 30t reblade

Post by Doc B »

Great job! Awesome you could find a blade! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Nice job there on that 3OT! ::tu::
It looks real good! ::nod::

I have a bunch of 3OTs I bought on eBay about 2005 or 2006. They were knives that had been returned to Schrade for repair but had not yet been repaired when Schrade closed. The majority of them, probably 80%, had broken springs. I also have a bunch of springs for them but it appears that batch of springs had a heat treat problem. I learned that when I install a pair of the springs they will work three maybe even four or five times after I have installed them before the springs break. ::dang:: Very frustrating!

If you run across to anyone who has a bunch of springs for the 3OTs let me know.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

That's a bummer! I felt really lucky to find a new blade for this one. I figured it was history. If I run across any I'll be more than happy to let you know.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”