Scales Needed

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
dto1982

Scales Needed

Post by dto1982 »

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know of a member or company that can make relatively inexpensive scales? I have several knives that are complete minus one or both scales. I dont have the materials or equipment to do this myself so I was wondering there was somewhere I could send the whole lot to be rescaled for a fee? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a great weekend.
just bob

Re: Scales Needed

Post by just bob »

The absolute cheapest way is to look around for scrap lumber and fit them yourself. Aside from that undyed white bone is probably the cheapest. You can usually find them for $5 a set or so. Dyed, jigged, bone, stag, and exotic material can get expensive in a hurry. Dale said something one time like - handles are where you find them. Look around and maybe you have an old shovel handle or something you could work down to a set of handles. If not look at Muskrat Man's AAPK store he has a lot of inexpensive material.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”