Chop Job

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
just bob

Chop Job

Post by just bob »

I like the Remington Purina knives and search for Purina knives on ebay. Here is one that caught my eye. I'm actually not sure Kutmaster made a peanut Purina knife? I do know they made a 2 blade jack knife. This one stands out because of the centering of the word Purina - it isn't always perfect, but it's usually very close. This one is way off on the back especially. It looks like what has happened is that the handles have been cut down from a larger knife and made to fit this frame. Notice there is only 1 handle pin on each side. No crimes going on here and really not a counterfeit. Just a really poor mod on a knife that wasn't worth the effort at all. You could easily invest 2 hours or more in a project like this and have nothing to show for it. Those wanting to take up knife repair should study knives like this and see where not to waste your time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/kutmaster-puri ... SwWgdbsPpk
Attachments
pure .jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Chop Job

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Bob, I agree that is just a bad chop job. I’ve had these Purina knives before and none have looked like this. This would never have made it out of the factory lookin like this. What a waste.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

No left side cover pin...

I admire the tenacity of the modder who did this though... ::uc::
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Those are beautifully spun pins.... ::shrug::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

just bob wrote: Those wanting to take up knife repair should study knives like this and see where not to waste your time.
LOL..... yep.... kinda makes you look and then say... WHY?

:?
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”