Recommendation of person to re-handle?

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
EWMailman

Recommendation of person to re-handle?

Post by EWMailman »

I have a celluloid handle that is showing signs of deterioration and believe that those handles should probably be replaced. I do not have that ability and am looking for recommendations of someone who could do this. I would appreciate any input anyone has, whether it is yourself or another you would recommend that would have the ability (there is probably no shortage) and be willing to do this. The knife is a contemporary Winchester toothpick with abalone celluloid handles. It would be nice to keep the appearance similar, but I would be open to other suggestions. Hope to hear from you.

EWMailman

“A long habit of thinking a thing not wrong gives it the superficial appearance of being right.”
XX Case XX

Re: Recommendation of person to re-handle?

Post by XX Case XX »

Start here. Kaleb has his own website as well as a store right here under the same name. If he can't help you make another post and we'll give you some more names to try. Here's 2 of my Case knives that he recently re-handled.http://muskratmanknives.com/ The Barlow is a 3-Dot and the 18 is a Straight XX. Click on the photo so you can get a good look.

_________
Mike
Attachments
Case re-handle.jpg
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

XX Case XX wrote:Start here. Kaleb has his own website as well as a store right here under the same name. If he can't help you make another post and we'll give you some more names to try. Here's 2 of my Case knives that he recently re-handled.http://muskratmanknives.com/ The Barlow is a 3-Dot and the 18 is a Straight XX. Click on the photo so you can get a good look.

_________
Mike
I hate it when I start drooling all over my keyboard ::drool::
I should learn to have napkins at the ready at all times here at AAPK! :)
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Steve Warden wrote:I should learn to have napkins at the ready at all times here at AAPK!
::rotflol::

That's funny Steve...

________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

XX Case XX wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:I should learn to have napkins at the ready at all times here at AAPK!
::rotflol::

That's funny Steve...

________
Mike
I thought about a bib, but that would just lead to too many questions, not to mention the funny looks, here at work!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”