Parker Cut Overhaul !

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
KleenCut61

Parker Cut Overhaul !

Post by KleenCut61 »

I Finely Put my Skill- N- Knowledge To the Test.. A Simple Designed Parker Cut Co Sleeveboard Lockback Whittler Slipjoint Pocket Knife ,, I like everthing about the Design of theses ,Needs a little Polishing up but after all it is Together And Functioning Perfectly .Thanks for Looking .
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600c.jpg
s-l1600d.jpg
100_1629.JPG
100_1628.JPG
100_1630.JPG
americanedgetech

Re: Parker Cut Overhaul !

Post by americanedgetech »

What a GREAT candidate for a rebuild, and a fantastic outcome.

LOL, You should have looked for a knife with just a few more handle pins for a first project tho!.
Great job sir. Very respectable... ::tu::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thanks Ken . You Are So Right , Lookin like a Studded Biker knife of sorts :lol: I thought it Needed that Rugged look Something awfull ::nod::
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Looks great!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
americanedgetech

30-40 years from now it will show up on FleaBay as a "Custom built Parker -Biker Knife". ::rotflol::
Good call! :lol:

Edit:
Hey man... I have to say that you did a Great job on peening those pins. Very nice work. ::nod::
Ken Mc.

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Thank You Rick , Ken The Pins were Schrade old stock 3/32 ns , With 1/8 Heads . I Simply Counter sunk the pins and assembled the Mark side , Then Sandwiched the To Halves together in a Vise , with some lubar( Jantz) on the Pins It Went together with out a hitch. Then Did my Best to Spin the Remaining Side , I was most concerned with the Durability since I intend to EDC this one.. :mrgreen: Joe
americanedgetech

Ahhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't show the other side... You'll wreck my image. ::handshake::
Ken Mc.

Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Great job Joe! Very nicely done. What kind of bone is that it is very pretty? ::tu::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Cullpepper Amber Stag .And The dye Process is Fantastic , ( no -Info ) I Buy the Thicker Pieces and saw them in Half , Any Way there Really Starting to get the Knarly look from what stock I Bought , Maybe input to Cullpepper from there Followers, ::tu:: Really Nice Scales Tyvm ED
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Amber" Bone" Stag
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

You certainly didn’t try to get by easy by picking a simple pattern! Whittlers are not the easiest pattern to begin with and then toss a lockback in the mix with all those pins! You could have picked an easier pattern, just saying… :lol:

Nicely done however in spite of all the pins! Culpepper’s Amber CSB is an excellent choice for larger knives and it always finishes up nicely.
That is a vast improvement over the original handle material! ::nod::
Excellent work! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Beautiful job on that one KleenCut! There's gettin' to be a lot of knife mechanics in this neck of the woods, we should all band together and start our own company! ::tu:: :D :D :D

Eric
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Nice work Joe! ::tu:: You certainly picked a hard one knife for your first repair. Awesome job! ::nod::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

ea42 wrote:Beautiful job on that one KleenCut! There's gettin' to be a lot of knife mechanics in this neck of the woods, we should all band together and start our own company! ::tu:: :D :D :D

Eric
That sounds like fun but the commute would be a nightmare! :shock:

What might be fun is to collaborate and have two or three mechanics work on the same knife.
We just have to figure out who does what in the project.

I have lots of material, lots of parts and plenty of donor or projects knives...

It could be fun! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Great mod on that one!

ea42 wrote:Beautiful job on that one KleenCut! There's gettin' to be a lot of knife mechanics in this neck of the woods, we should all band together and start our own company! ::tu:: :D :D :D
Eric
Oh good, finally someone to help with my backlog... ::facepalm:: :lol:
americanedgetech

orvet wrote:

Eric

What might be fun is to collaborate and have two or three mechanics work on the same knife.

I have lots of material, lots of parts and plenty of donor or projects knives...

I would LOVE to see something like that happen. ::ds::

The finished knife would make a GREAT auction piece right here. Use the money to support the forum or set a charity to donate it to at the beginning of the project.
I'm sure that donor knives would flow in like water, and a small kitty could be established to pay the mechanics for their materials at least...
Ken Mc.

ea42

Post by ea42 »

orvet wrote:

Eric

I'm all in on that Dale, it'd be a blast! I'm loaded up with pins, handle material, etc too.

Eric
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

ea42 wrote:
orvet wrote:

Eric

I'm all in on that Dale, it'd be a blast! I'm loaded up with pins, handle material, etc too.

Eric
That sounds like fun, count me in if there is room...
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

I am relatively new to knife mechanic work but if there is room I would be willing to participate in some way. :)
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

I was just thinking what if we sectioned this off by groups of two/three. We all did the same pattern/brand knife. Then we could have a small competition and let the AAPK world vote on the one they liked the best. Then we could sale all of them and give the money to Bryan. Kinda like a knife mechanics olympics. The first Annual AAPK Knife Mechanics KnifeOff. All in good fun of course and better yet more than one person at the end can end up with an awesome knife. Just a thought.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

First off -Thank You Fella's , Your Comments Really Are Takin to Heart ::handshake:: ,Maybe Should Have Posted ( Transformation )Instead of Overhaul ! ::tu:: Taking into account The Parker Looks Good , I Still Am in The Newbie Stages of Restoration , I Do Handles Pretty Good Though ::ds::So If You Fella's want to Collaberate on some Projects I am all for it . My intentions are to Use Tried and Tru Methods to Restore , Modify, and Generaly Make Existing and Malefuntioning Knives Equal- n- Better than they Were new , Wheather Old or New If Possible ? Lets See Were this Goes hey .. ::nod::
americanedgetech

Landersknives wrote:I was just thinking what if we sectioned this off by groups of two/three. We all did the same pattern/brand knife. Then we could have a small competition and let the AAPK world vote on the one they liked the best. Then we could sale all of them and give the money to Bryan. Kinda like a knife mechanics olympics. The first Annual AAPK Knife Mechanics KnifeOff. All in good fun of course and better yet more than one person at the end can end up with an awesome knife. Just a thought.
How about the winning knife stays on the throne for the next "round", and the second place knife is sold for the forum?
So on, and so on, and so on...
In the end you would have a "Grand Champion" that could really be amazing, and perhaps pretty valuable. ::tu::

It looks like you will have enough mechanics so that no one will get burnt out, and parts donations from the forum would keep cost way down to the builders.
Ken Mc.

KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

I like That Idea Ken .. Visualizing the champ Now :D ...I Have a Large , ( I Mean BIG ) Ulster Electician Knife torn Down ? Nothing to crazy ? :wink: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”