Camillus 72 Projects

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
#goldpan

Re: Camillus 72 Projects

Post by #goldpan »

americanedgetech wrote:The thing that i pride myself on is doing things correctly
Ken I know what you mean. And perhaps to a point of being absurd. I have Asperger's Autism and things being done correctly would stop me in my tracks until I could find someone to give me instructions on how to do "it" correctly. Then in my 40's I was having a discussion about guitar playing with a Ranger buddy at work one day. Now my buddy is one hell of a guitar player. So I asked him who taught him how to play. Alan was a student at San Jose State back in 60's and his father was a history professor there and his mother taught there as well. Alan's early guitar instruction came from his father who a stickler for things being done right. One his fathers students was also a guitar player and Alan liked his style. He asked new found friend to play for his father as his father was also his history professor. As this young man played a song his professor his was surprised by the professor asking him to stop playing. The young man was moving beats from one measure to another as he thought it sounded better. The professor told him to give up trying to play the guitar as he had no talent. This young mans name was Jorma Kaukonen. He went on to become a founding member of both the Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna. Playing lead guitar. Alan stopped receiving lessons from his Dad and started taking them from Jorma. My point is its right if you think it right and it actually works for you. If you have an idea on how you can do something but you hold back because you want to do "it" right. Don't hold back. Just do it. I dropped the the thought of doing "it" right years ago and boy am I glad I did. I just wished Alan would have shared the story sooner!
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Very nice 72s and super work as always Randy. I can’t wait to see the ebony done. You always do an outstanding job. You are one of the guys who inspires me. Thank you for that and keep it up. ::handshake:: ::tu::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

#goldpan wrote:Don't hold back. Just do it.
Thanks Randy. Great story, and I get the point. ::handshake::
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Thanks Ed! I should have some pics of the finished knives by next week. ::tu::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Beautiful project. Thanks for posting.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

....randy, beautiful job on that knife!!!!...... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...........
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

That 72 came close to looking like the bone on the First Generation 72s. Excellent work! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”