J. A. Henckels Knife

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Sut Tatersaul

J. A. Henckels Knife

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

I just found this Knife Repair, and Restoration Forum. I don't at age 86 navigate the internet efficiently anymore. I had asked about this knife on AAPK before, but got no answer. This knife was a Christmas present from my two Sons many years ago. This knife holds a special Bitter/Sweet memory for me, as when I opened it the first time it's spring broke. My Sons, just small boys, and I were really disappointed, and I vowed to get it repaired. I did try every time that I discovered another source to have it done, but never found anyone that could, or would actually do the job. finally the job was forgotten. Now, my youngest son has been dead 44 years, and my eldest son is age 65, and the repair job is still not done, but, not forgotten. Does anyone on this Knife Repair and Restoration forum know of anyone that would be able to repair this knife? Thanks.
Sut Tatersaul
download/file.php?mode=view&id=296028
Attachments
DSC01449.JPG
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
XX Case XX

Re: J. A. Henckels Knife

Post by XX Case XX »

Try "Muskrat Man". He's usually very knowledgeable with these types of things. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/muskratman

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Your knife is a "lobster" pattern, means springs run along center line of handle rather than along one edge. Makes it harder to fix but i too bet that Muskrat Man can do a professional job on it, better than new.
kj
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

There used to be a person in the state of Washington named John Allison who had parts to repair the old Heckels pocketknives.

He was the representative for Henckel's kitchen cutlery in the 1980s and early 1990s, that's how I knew him. He was authorized by Henckels tool repair their pocket knives for North American customers. They knew he repaired pocket knives as a hobby and so they gave him all the parts he could possibly house in his garage.

We have a mutual friend who may have John's contact information. I would like to talk to him again anyway. I will see if I can get his email or his phone number. He is about the only person I know who might have new parts for that knife.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”