HELP need new hanfles

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
Adog

HELP need new hanfles

Post by Adog »

I am looking for someone who can rehandle two Bulldog brand large display knife . They have Celioud scales and need to be rehandled. I am a new member looking for help. Thanks Adog
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: HELP need new hanfles

Post by orvet »

Welcome to AAPK! ::tu::

We have a number of people here who can rehandle knives. I have done a lot of Bulldogs myself because the celluloid tends to be so bad in them.
I'm trying not to take any new orders until this fall because I have a bunch of work in my shop now and I also want to spend a little time goofing off this summer. Fishing is very important! ::nod::

I'm sure there somebody here that can do the work for you, though don't be surprised if you have to wait a few months, that's not unusual.
If you're starting to see signs of off gassing in the celluloid, you should probably pop the handles off of the knives if you have to wait any length of time.

Welcome aboard!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: HELP need new hanfles

Post by muskrat man »

Yes, if they look like they are starting to gass off pop the handles loose with a thin bladed knife or razor knife and throw them away, leaving them on the knife will damage the knife further, hopefully they have not already caused the liners or backsprings to crack which would be more expense. I can do the work but am 4-5 months backlogged.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”