Schrade Florist Mod

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Schrade Florist Mod

Post by glennbad »

So, here's one that I finished a little bit ago. My aunt's husband was very fond of gardening, so I had been planning to make him something. I had this florists knife, so I was going to pimp it out for him to use in his garden. Here's what it looked like.

fc1.JPG

Unfortunately, by the time I got around to starting it last year, this had happened to it. Cell outgassing, sigh...
fc3.JPG

Fortunately, I had guts from a trapper pattern, so I used that. Also, the small flat bail on the original knife fell apart also, so I used a standard style bail. I dressed it up with some nice jigged amber bone and a shield.
fc4.JPG
fc5.JPG

Unfortunately, by the time I got around to finishing it after being sick and my dad passing, my aunt's husband also had passed away. I sent it to her anyway, I'm not sure if she is into gardening, but I wanted her to have it. We never seem to have the time to take care of the things we need to...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade Florist Mod

Post by treefarmer »

That's a great lookin' knife, Glenn. You certainly have a way with knives! ::tu:: I'm learning to enjoy the florist pattern as a light weight carry, maybe when I'm not doing anything serious, like mowin' the yard, I'll sometimes carry a Victorinox Floral knife with the chisel grind.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Glenn - that is a good looking knife. Regarding the story line, I will say that there are many story lines in my life where I wish I had taken the time for one more fishing trip or just another visit. We do what we can do.
Mel
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Glenn:

Very sorry to hear of your tremendous losses. I'm certain it was no easy task to get through. No doubt your Aunt will keep that knife in the Family for many generations to come, and you can be certain that all those who hold that knife will think about your kind and thoughtful gesture long after you've left this earth. Outstanding my friend... ::handshake::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by muskrat man »

now that is a swell looking little blade. I like it ::tu::
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Wow !! you sure turned that one out nice , you do some fine work glannbad ::tu:: thanks for sharing
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Nice work Glen! Sorry to hear about your loss.
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Glen, that is an incredibly good job you did on the Florists knife, it looks fantastic.
Tony. ::tu:: ::dang::

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”