Shops, tools, materials and tips

This forum is for those who like to repair and restore knives, and for those who would like to learn.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Shops, tools, materials and tips

Postby orvet » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Wow Wayne, that shop is huge compared to mine!! :shock:
I wish I had so much floor space, that is awesome! ::ds::
I also love your metal cabinets with the metal drawers, those are so handy! I just picked up a smaller one with 9 drawers that now sets at the back of me main work bench. I constructed my bench deeper than is really useable so I could put some storage behind it, that way I don't have to move around as much.
Great shop and nice use of the space ! ::tu:: ::tu::

Mike, a shop that is used is just controlled chaos! If you get organized from time to time It makes it easier to re-order the chaos when you finish some projects. I don't clean after every project but I do try to straighten things up at least weekly. When I start losing valuable time and energy looking for things in the chsos, I know it is time to clean. ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain

Meridian_Mike
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Shops, tools, materials and tips

Postby Meridian_Mike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:28 pm

orvet wrote:
Mike, a shop that is used is just controlled chaos! If you get organized from time to time It makes it easier to re-order the chaos when you finish some projects. I don't clean after every project but I do try to straighten things up at least weekly. When I start losing valuable time and energy looking for things in the chaos, I know it is time to clean. ::nod::

Well..... that's a good philosophy. Too many times I walk away after the day is done.
I usually clean up during projects....... When the chaos is piled too high in my work area.....LOL.
:D
"...... are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

"You load 16 tons and what do ya get?
another day older and deeper in debt.
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company sto'.."

Return to “Knife Repair and Restoration”