John Fall Hemings pocket knife?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
PonchoLemons64

John Fall Hemings pocket knife?

Post by PonchoLemons64 »

Trying to ID some old knives left to us by my Father-in-Law who passed away. I can’t find anything on this one at all. Any ideas?
Attachments
72580FB0-3BA8-493D-AF87-6298D831B588.jpeg
F3068607-0071-4BE8-8EF6-ACCE41D5D237.jpeg
image.jpg
LongBlade

Re: John Fall Hemings pocket knife?

Post by LongBlade »

Welcome to AAPK ::tu:: ...

I can't help much on the knife but certainly interesting stamp - nice bone congress with threaded bolsters... Don't recognize a John Fall... perhaps a home-spun knife of old - abit unique in not having a location also stamped on the knife which possibly suggests early.. Question is where is Hemings ::nod:: ...
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I don’t know anything about it, but IMHO it looks old, and English. Looks to me like it says Hemmings (with two m’s). First line “HEM-”, second line “MINGS”. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

You're right Ken ::tu:: - It is Hemmings now that I see the "-" at end of Hem - or what looks like a hyphen :) ... I also tend to think smooth bone was used more on this side of the pond but perhaps that's just my perception.... Cool knife with unique bolsters and on a congress too 8) ...

Post by PonchoLemons64 »

Yes it is hyphenated on the larger blade. Really struggling to figure this one out! Thanks for the help
PonchoLemons64

Post by PonchoLemons64 »

My auto correct must have changed it to Hemings in my post. It is two m’s - Hem - Mings

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”