Knives made by Hanwei

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
kootenay joe

Knives made by Hanwei

Post by kootenay joe »

Hanwei is a sword and knife manufacturer in Dalian, China, started in 1991 by "Paul Chen". Chen is a sword collector and modern day replicas of Japanese swords made in Japan by sword smiths are very expensive, in the thousands of dollars. Chen decided to develop a company dedicated to making sword reproductions in China. These are forged and made by hand as they are in Japan. The quality is very high and prices are usually under $1,000. These swords are not just show pieces, they are fully functional weapons as well.
At some point Hanwei began to make knives, folding & fixed. The USA importer/ distributor and possibly part owner is C.A.S. Iberia of Tennessee.
Hanwei has been making some unique folding knives of their own design. The workmanship, fit & finish is like Moki in Japan, i.e. Perfect, the highest quality production knife. Their blades are made of their own proprietary steel, hardened to Rc 62.
Here is "Starship".
The picture looking down onto the guard you can see it is not centered between the handles and that is made of 2 unequal pieces. The shorter piece is push laterally to allow the blade to swing open. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the blade to open.
If you have any Hanwei knives please post them.
kj
Attachments
IMGP6364.JPG
IMGP6365.JPG
IMGP6366.JPG
IMGP6367.JPG
IMGP6368.JPG
IMGP6369.JPG
IMGP6370.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knives made by Hanwei

Post by doglegg »

Very unique knife Roland. And some unusual engineering. It looks pretty quality as well. ::tu::
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

hmm, there's some info out there on these but getting your hands on one will take a little, doin. but that's ok because if Roland told me today is Easter, I'd be hidin eggs. :roll:
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Santa rides in a sleigh.
Easter Bunny rides in a Starship !
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is a Hanwei "Warlord Dadao" a Chinese broadsword that is a traditional Chinese weapon. This one is 37" OAL with a 22" blade and weighs 2 1/2 pounds. The edge is sharp. This is "battle ready", not a wall hanger.
I keep it handy even though unwanted intruders are very rare here.
kj
Attachments
IMGP3856.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Hanwei duplicate of a Japanese Colonels sword.
Attachments
P1020348 (2).JPG
P1020353 (4).JPG
P1020354 (3).JPG
P1020357 (2).JPG
P1020352 (3).JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I posted a reply about half hour ago but it is not showing ?
To repeat myself:
WOW, QS what a beautiful sword. I find myself wanting to get another sword. This could be a serious issue for a knife addict. And, swords are expensive !
QS, is it possible to see a pic of you with sword in hand ? It gives some perspective to sword size.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

While we wait for Quick Steel with his Japanese Colonels sword, here is the Hanwei "Citizen" knife.
kj
Attachments
IMGP6418.JPG
IMGP6419.JPG
IMGP6420.JPG
IMGP6421.JPG
IMGP6422.JPG
IMGP6423.JPG
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Hey Ninja Joe :lol: and QS - very nice swords ::tu:: ::tu:: ... Nice looking Japanese sword and citizens knife - the latter looks like a wicked weapon :wink: ... if I ever buy a samari sword it would have to be a Hattori Hanzo (of Kill Bill fame :D )... you know there is a rather large collector market for tsubas (the hand crafted guards of the samari sword) that were made to be removable and replaced if necessary...
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

kj, your Citizen knife is exotic and lovely. Give me a couple of days to get a decent photo of the blade length. Just for fun here is a photo of sword in hand but obviously it does not satisfy your request. :) Longblade, tsubas can certainly make for an interesting collection.
001.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

kootenay joe, Sorry for the delay. Here is the Japanese Colonel's Wakizashi next to a Katana.
P1030178 (2).JPG
P1030179 (2).JPG
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:While we wait for Quick Steel with his Japanese Colonels sword, here is the Hanwei "Citizen" knife.
kj
Roland, I don’t know how I missed this when you first put this up. Nice thread. Can you tell me if that Citizen knife locks when it’s in the half open position? Just wondering if that blade moves when you have the handle in your fist?
Mark
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wow, QS your swords are Formidable, lethal weapons if need arises. I like them very much.
Citizen is locked solid in every position. Very precise, tight locks.
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Glad you like them kj. They are almost incredible in their cutting ability.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”