Aerial Cutlery Co.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
mrwatch

Re: Aerial Cutlery Co.

Post by mrwatch »

knife7knut the bottom one with the blue shield is the Shriners logo.
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

That is an awesome Aerial Display Flafos ::tu:: ::tu:: ... and welcome aboard to AAPK ::welcome:: ....

Post by tongueriver »

Fascinating thread. I have only one Aerial.
Aerial M3 article 1995 published001.jpg
Aerial M3 1943 trench001.jpg
Aerial M3 1943 trench002.jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Here's my only Ariel, a pen knife with long pulls on both blades and of course celluloid handles.
Attachments
005.JPG
006.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
flafos

Post by flafos »

It was around 2600 knives if I remember correctly djknife13. There was a little bit of everything in there. I thought this was just too cool. I think there was a pearl auto in there too that we sold pretty quickly.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Recently, this pocket knife arrived in a group or lot of pocket knives that I purchased. It now becomes my first example to be posted under this topic or thread. I certainly did NOT purchase the group or lot of pocket knives to obtain this particular pocket knife. It is an AERIAL, two blades, two tang stamps, 3 1/4" closed, one spring, "picture handle" pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp is definitely two lines, possible three lines. What remains of, and what I can still read on the main blade front tang stamp is, "? (over) CUTLERY Cᴏ̲ (over) ?" The secondary blade front tang stamp is the curved or arched style and says, "AERIAL CUT. SUP. CO. (over) DULUTH" The main handle side says, "Cane Giuseppe, - Mellen, Wis." If there were images or graphics on the other handle side, they are not there now. The main blade, I think it is a replacement, does not have a half stop and no opening or closing snap. The secondary blade also has no half stop and no opening or closing snap. This pocket knife has many issues. This pocket knife is in POOR condition. I'm only keeping it for the secondary blade tang stamp. It is isolated from ALL my other pocket knives in case it wants to get rid of some gas. I just wiped it off. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.<br />Definitely Two Lines, Possibly Three Lines.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Definitely Two Lines, Possibly Three Lines.
The Secondary Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Secondary Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”