Lets show some Old and Rare ones.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and display of old knives. The rich history of all the many companies that made them through the early years will be found here as well as many fine examples of the cutlers art. Share pictures of your old knives and your knowledge here!
Duffer

Re: Lets show some Old and Rare ones.

Post by Duffer »

Flafos, that Whittler has everything going for it! I'll second what Bill said about the bone. Welcome to AAPK the best Knife only dedicated forum on the internet. Nice photos and please post some more of your collection for us to see and admire ::nod::

Lloyd
Lloyd
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

flafos: You have made a fine entrance with that whittler. Beautiful. And welcome. ::handshake::
Old Case

Post by Old Case »

flafos, welcome to AAPK. Great old knife, please show us some more of your collection

Joel
louied

Post by louied »

Here is one,Schrade Cut Co. Texas pattern Stockman 8813 SS from the early 20's,Rare being a Stainless bladed model from that era.
Attachments
image1-2.JPG
image1.JPG
flafos

Post by flafos »

Thank you all for all the warm welcomes. I really appreciate it. Here is another one I've been holding on to. It's a W.R. Case 52092.
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Wow, nice Stag ::tu:: ::tu::

Larry
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Lots of great cutlery here.....I may have shown these elsewhere on the forum but anyways, here`s my pair of George Korn`s switchblade knives from the 1880s or so , now if I could just find the dern MOP one i`d have my completed set to display. Picture this! 1885 at the saloon......well dressed Gentleman playin poker smokin cigars and one of them was toting this , Hehehe. click the picture and its more clear
Attachments
korn 001.JPG
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

What gorgeous knives, wiseguy. Beautiful.

Also, flafos and louied. Beautiful knives, here. ::tu:: ::tu::
Joe
knfmn

Post by knfmn »

Here is one that i have. This old Northfield pearl is in great condition.
Attachments
northfield.jpg
The Golden Rule, Live It.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice one, knfmn. ::drool::
Joe
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

Old and rare are subjective terms,

Old, (1950-60s) Rare, not often you find one with an uncut key. Car/knife guys go crazy for these :)
036-1.jpg
100_2407.JPG
DSC_8923.JPG
This one's older and rarer, 1912-1913, only in business for a year. Union Knifeworks NYC NY USA
DSC_8725.JPG
938jRE1.jpg
DSC_8171.JPG
Even more old, more rare, custom Josef Sziraki Pearl Lobster Sleeveboard from the mid 1800s with equally old Double Case pocket watch with Fusee winding
OwnMCVk.jpg
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Bingham Barlow
Attachments
WP_20170427_016.jpg
WP_20170427_025.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TheMadHungarian

Knice one Ivoryman, love the jigged bone covers. ::tu::
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Mad H, some of my favorite bones period for that reason.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TheMadHungarian

1920s-40s Graeff & Schmidt Swell End Jack in smooth bone covers, this was a rescue knife I almost scrapped because it was encased in a 1/4" of dried latex house paint, It took me 2 days to get the blades open only to find out the main blade had been used open paint cans and there were big chips scalloped outta the main blade. After lots of stone work It turned out really knice except for the 1 chip in the rear of the knife.
DSC_8481.JPG
IMG_0610(1).jpg
DSC_6265.JPG
DSC_6277.JPG
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Nice reclamation project Mad H, looks great now.
TheMadHungarian

Thanks, I gotta get into the habit of takin' before pics. I start cleaning, oiling and freein' up all the movin' parts and then I go, "Dag nabit!" well it's actually a lot nastier the that but I always forget to take the before ones. The after ones are no problem. ;)

Some more rescues.

Schrade CutCo Walden NY Splitback Gentleman's knife. It had pearl scales but they were broken into many pieces so I used the Ivory from reclaimed piano
keys. Don't look glennbad it was a 15 minute scale replacement so I could throw it in my pocket.
DSC_4301.JPG
Union Knifeworks only in business from 1912-13, this one was rusted shut. You can see all the pitting on the iron bolsters from the rust and one of the blades was broke so I shortened it up and cleaned it up, re profiled it into a box cutter.
DSC_4146 (1).JPG
DSC_4150.JPG
The Graeff & Schmidt and the Union Knifeworks Moose
image3.jpeg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey GUYS, Someone needs to make a thread for American Shear & Knife Co,,,With that said,,,This thread is where guys are posting there H'ville knives
This is the only H'ville I have ever owned and its right in front of me. No fancy pics, No fancy backgrounds, No props or anguish,,,Just good ole antique knives. Thank you Mr. Peanut for selling me this knife at the Tulsa show this year!!! Wonderful Knife Sir
This one is in a Jumbo pattern,,about 4 1/8" closed,,,BEEFY BEEFY guys and KILLER SNAPS!!!!
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
100_1285.JPG
100_1291.JPG
100_1287.JPG
100_1289.JPG
100_1292.JPG
100_1293.JPG
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

You're welcome! ::tu::
Roger
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Your the MAN Peanut!!!
Kind Regards & Blessing my friend,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey GUYS, I found this American Shear HUGE Gunstock Hawkbill this year at the Tulsa show,,,,Awesome knife that set me Back in my wallet, LOL
I was just too Impressed by it,,,to pass up
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
24.jpg
25.jpg
29.jpg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey GUYS, After having a Long conversation about this Schrade Genuine stag in the "Schrade forum" I thought I would post it here for others to see also.
Its a Minty Schrade Walden STAG!!!
What does that mean to most guys,,nothing,,lmao
Still debating on Exactly what year this knife was made,,,But most think its in the 50's era and was either a special order/salesman knife. Probably had an Ink Etching on back of blade which is Long gone. Anyways the knife is looking for the right caretaker. LT says he has too many Schrade knives(has a museum full).
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
104.jpg
105.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg
100_1033.JPG
100_1069.JPG
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey GUYS, When I think of old & Rare,,,Its not the Schrade STAG. Though Genuine STAG in Schrade is SUPER RARE!!
I Personally think of this BAR-LOW knife. Pre Civil War era with Integral Bolsters & Liners,,,Deep stamped Touchmarks out on the blade,,,Hand stamped Tang Letters. This knife is NOT just for the BARLOW Lover but for the ANTIQUE Pocket knife LOVER,,Right!!! What you guys think??
Kind Regards,
Mark
Attachments
107.jpg
106.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg
103.jpg
104.jpg
105.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

ratlesnake75 wrote:Hey GUYS, When I think of old & Rare,,,Its not the Schrade STAG. Though Genuine STAG in Schrade is SUPER RARE!!
I Personally think of this BAR-LOW knife. Pre Civil War era with Integral Bolsters & Liners,,,Deep stamped Touchmarks out on the blade,,,Hand stamped Tang Letters. This knife is NOT just for the BARLOW Lover but for the ANTIQUE Pocket knife LOVER,,Right!!! What you guys think??
Kind Regards,
Mark

Wow! That is a great knife. ::tu::
David
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thanks DM11
Kind Regards,
mark

Return to “Knife Lore - Traditional Knives From the Old Days”