diver knife?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
timdog44

diver knife?

Post by timdog44 »

I recently purchased this knife. I think it to be a dive knife, but have also seen dirt/garden knives like it. The sheath has a VOIT stamped on it, which is rubber. The orange handle knife is a fit in the scabbard and semi locks in place. Other than the VOIT stamp, there are no markings that tell the brand. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks. I include photos.
Attachments
IMG_7007.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG
IMG_7006.JPG
IMG_7011.JPG
IMG_7014.JPG
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: diver knife?

Post by bestgear »

100% a dive knife from a 101-year-old company that was sold to AMF 66 years ago. In the late 1920s, Voit developed and patented the first full-molded, all-rubber inflatable ball and the first needle-type air retention valves. They also developed highly accurate pocket and wristwatches during this period. I do not know the model number or the approximate date of manufacture although I'd guess the 1960s. ::tu::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Yes a dive knife, no surprise that voit made them, they were major players in regulators and tank systems and air rafts and underwater spears in the 50s and 60s…and a wealth of info if so desired to look for it on a forum called “vintage scuba community forum”
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

JamieinWV wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:37 pm Yes a dive knife, no surprise that voit made them, they were major players in regulators and tank systems and air rafts and underwater spears in the 50s and 60s…and a wealth of info if so desired to look for it on a forum called “vintage scuba community forum”
Usaly when I see a knife I like I say, "Holy Mole-lee" ::oh_my:: But this time I am going to say: "Holy Diver!" ::oh_my::

::hmm:: Mh-hm-hmm
Yeah, yeah
Holy Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
looks like a great diver knife to me!
You can see the wear, but you know it's clean
Oh, don't you see what I mean?
Gotta get away
Holy Diver, yeah ::tu::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”