Schrade Walden, Bowie Hunter, (H 15 pattern)

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Maddogfl

Schrade Walden, Bowie Hunter, (H 15 pattern)

Post by Maddogfl »

Everybody and their brothers made that pattern knife from the early 50s to the early 70s. Sears sold a boatload of them under various numbers. That is the same time period that I was growing up and I remember the pattern. I always thought it was tacky with the red spacers.

Does anyone know what Imperial called their same pattern knife
? It is interesting that in my search, I found out that Imperial made most of the Parts in the SW knife, so no wonder they are nearly identical. I have a nice Imperial on the way but I have no idea what to call it. ;) I do know that it is not from the 40s as claimed by the seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255498313017?s ... 2749.l2649 ::teary_eyes::
ea42

Re: Schrade Walden, Bowie Hunter, (H 15 pattern)

Post by ea42 »

Looks like the old HH-5 although that one had the grooved leather handles. Not sure if they used another number for the smooth handled version.

Eric
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Actually the H-15 was not designated "bowie hunter" by Schrade. I do not know the model number for their bowie hunter but it has a full cross guard and is etched "BOWIE HUNTER" out on the blade.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Gunsil wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:06 pm Actually the H-15 was not designated "bowie hunter" by Schrade. I do not know the model number for their bowie hunter but it has a full cross guard and is etched "BOWIE HUNTER" out on the blade.
138L.
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

I found some information that the Schrade-Walden version was called the "Utility Hunter." Like all WWW info, it has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

No WW2 knives with a Schrade Walden mark, there was no Schrade Walden until after the war.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Gunsil wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:51 am No WW2 knives with a Schrade Walden mark, there was no Schrade Walden until after the war.
He was referring to WWW world wide web.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Dang, I realized that then thought I had erased the post!!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”