Some of mine!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of mine!

Post by Madmarco »

Today I have this unusual dagger, in that, it has an actual scorpion stinger and all, frozen in polyethylene inlayed on the handle. It's 9"/SS duel-edged full-tang dagger blade, ABS scales secured with screws, and scorpion inlay. Weighs about 4 oz.'s., came with a nylon sheath, and both edges sharp. It has "designed by Tom Anderson/Master Cutlery" along with an "M" logo etched on the front blade, and, "440 Stainless/China" etched on the back blade. This knife is only 1/2" thick at the widest point on the handle, and fits my clenched fist like a glove. An inexpensive little conversation piece! 8)
WIN_20200719_11_58_27_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Another nice one, I like them sharp!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Hey thanks Sam! Just a fun little dagger! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That is certainly an interesting handle. I like the looks of that one too.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! I only have a couple of daggers left, so I'll give you guys a break from them after that! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This beautiful little dagger is the very first knife I ever ordered, and that was 15 months ago, and it's the one that started my addiction to knife collecting, and I've since ordered over 150 pieces, so I've had a busy 15 months, to say the least! I also acquired this knife at just the right time, because I paid CDN$26. and it's price now is CDN$70. I must be living right, or something! Now to the knife! It's a 9" Mtech boot dagger/4 3/4" SS full tang duel-edged satin finished blade, SS satin finished bolsters, brass pins, red pakkawood scales with gold pin-stripping accents, and brass tube lanyard hole. Weighs-in at a hefty 8 oz.'s, came with a nylon sheath, and both edges razor-sharp. Has "Mtech/USA" etched on the front tang, and "MT-20-03/STAINLESS STEEL/USA DESIGN/HANDCRAFTED IN CHINA" etched on the back tang. To this day this is one of my favorite knives, in it's feel, weight, and simplicity. A very solid, well made dagger, Chinese or not! 8)
WIN_20200720_14_06_11_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That’s a beauty Mark. I like wooden handles anyway and that has some nice ones on it. There is just something “warm” about wooden handles that makes a knife just feel right.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

You have a nice collection of daggers, thanks for showing them to us.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark, that's the word I was feeling "warm", well put! You have some real beauties that were added to your store recently as well! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Sam, it's been my pleasure! I have just a couple left and I'll post those over the next couple days. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have this beautiful all Damascus dirk to post today, and although it arrived damaged I was able to fix the problem with a couple taps of the hammer. It's an 8 3/4" unnamed, unmarked, all Damascus steel dagger/full-tang duel-edged dagger blade, Damascus scales with gold+red accents, and what appear to be Damascus pins although I might be wrong about those. I got this knife on ebay, and the seller provided very little information other than to say it was handmade. It weighs a very respectable 8 oz.'s and came without a sheath, which helped contribute to the damage. It was packaged in a padded bubble envelope, and somewhere along the line the package was dropped and the tip punctured the package and bent when it hit the ground. I was quite disappointed and was going to return it, until I realized I might be able to straighten the tip, so I laid it flat and tapped the tip with a hammer, and it flattened right out and was straight once again. This is one of those knives that you could handle all day long since it feels so good in your hand. One of the nicest things about this knife was the $25. price! 8)
WIN_20200721_10_50_11_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was undecided whether I was even going to post these next 6 knives due to all of them being very cheap products, but thought there might be someone who found them interesting, so here goes! I ordered all 6 in the same order, and did so way back in my very early days of collecting, so I really had no idea what to look for or what constitutes a quality knife, but even back then I probably should have realized that since the entire order came to only about $75. that they were likely cheapos, and they are! I don't feel that these knives really merit an in-depth explanation, so I'm only going to state the various lengths and leave the rest up to your imaginations. I will say that they are all made of stainless steel, have duel-edged blades, and ABS or steel handles. The ones in the 3 top pics are all 12", the next 2 are 7 1/2", and the final is 9 3/4". At least they fill spaces in my displays! I realize the knives in pics 1+3 look identical, but the hardware is actually in different colors! 'Nuff said! 8)
WIN_20200722_15_30_57_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200722_15_31_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200722_15_31_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200722_15_32_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200722_15_33_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200722_15_32_14_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well fellas, these 3 are the last of my fixies to post and I can hear the cheers from here! In case you haven't already noticed, I have a penchant for 1-piece, all metal knives, and these last 3 are testament to that fact. The 1st. is an inexpensive version of a "dive" knife, and it measures 8 1/2"/1-piece all SS construction with through-holes in the handle which actually arrived wrapped in paracord, but since I prefer it bare-bones I removed the cord. The duel-edged blade has about a 60% serration on one edge and both edges came quite sharp. The entire knife is only 1/8" thick and weighs a couple of oz.'s, I would guess. For whatever the reason I've always wanted one of these knives, and after seeing quality models selling for up to US$150., which I would never pay for such a knife, I found this one for the staggering sum of CDN$12. and finally pulled the trigger. I was hoping it would have the 5 through-holes in the handle that one usually sees on these diving knives, but alas, this one only has 3. Came with a nylon sheath/shoulder-strap. Probably the most useful place for this knife would be a fishing tackle box, or, strapped to one's calf while scuba-diving, just like what was intended. In pic 2 is an 8 1/8" utility knife called the "Explorer Stubby"/440 SS single-edge blade with about 50% serration, solid SS handle/lanyard hole, and what appears to be brass pivot screws. I originally thought this was a 1-piece knife, but upon closer examination I realized the tang of the blade extends into the handle, but only by about 1/8", certainly not enough to be held on by the pivot screws, which leads me to believe that the blade is held in place simply with a "pinching" pressure which would be applied by tightening the screws. I will have to loosen the screws someday to understand exactly how that works. There is "EXPLORER STUBBY" etched on the blade, and, "21-122/440 STAINLESS/JAPAN" stamped on the front-tang. Weighs-in at about 5 oz.'s., came with a nylon sheath, and very sharp. This piece is very comfortable when in-hand and has indents on the handle for your thumb and 1st. finger. Another excellent tool or tackle box candidate. And the last knife is very much similar to the previous one, albeit shorter and lighter. It's 7 3/4", has the title of "NORTHERN PIKE", and features 1-piece SS construction, an extremely sharp single-edge blade, only weighs about an ounce, and has a fishing-rod reel along with a lake scene and fish as well as "NORTHEREN PIKE" etched on the front handle. Also, "Stone River LTD" is etched on the front-tang, and "CHINA" etched on the back-tang. A sheath was not supplied with this knife, and would be equally useful in the kitchen as well as the aforementioned sporting activities. A very handy small utility knife. As I mentioned above, these are the last of my current fixed blade knives, with only my 80 or so folders left to post, which I may or may not decide to post dependant on time. It's been a slice sharing my knives with you guys, and I hope you enjoyed them! 8)
WIN_20200723_12_10_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200723_12_11_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200723_12_11_47_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

All three are nice knives, thanks for posting them.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I like the slenderness of that bottom one Mark. Looks great.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! It's a handy little 1-piece $13. knife so I really couldn't go wrong! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I haven't posted her lately because I've been concentrating on autos and manual folders, but I received this one today from my friend Mark over at SSk(Sharpnshinyknives), and my oh my, what a beauty! This is a Tommy Lee designed Paragon Boot Dagger that is exactly 8" oal/AUS-8 steel dual-edged tapered dagger blade, NS satin finish tapered bolsters, brass pins, and rich black micarta scales. Fit and finish on this knife is absolutely sensational. Built in Seki, Japan. This is an extremely thin knife with a weight of 3.1 oz.'s, and arrived with both edges sharper than any knife I've ever handled, and I've handled a few. I went through a 2 week debacle with UPS waiting for this knife to arrive, but in the end it was worth every bit of the trouble! One of the coolest fixies I own! Thanks Mark! 8)
WIN_20210107_13_39_17_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I like them sharp, but seldom get them that way. Another keeper!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! ::tu:: This thing slices through paper like it was butter! Gotta be super careful with this one! My new favorite! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I don't know how I missed posting this knife, but I went through all 10 pages of this thread TWICE just to be sure, and sure enough, I missed it! It's my 11 1/4" oal Will & Finck "Horsehead" dagger, and it has a full tang SS dual-edged mirror polished dagger blade, ornately engraved NS bolsters, brass pins, dark chocolate ringed micarta covers, and a lanyard hole. Has an approximate weight of 10-12 oz.'s, and both edges sharp. It bears a W & F/ S.F. Cal tang stamp, and was built in Japan. Came with a quality brown leather sheath with boot-clip. Just a beautiful knife! 8)
WIN_20210306_13_05_17_Pro.jpg
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Marco. You got a GREAT collection of fb🔪s!!! WoW 🤩 👍👌👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 pm Today I have this pretty cool dagger to show you! I got this one on ebay, and was from 1 of very few auctions that I participate in. It came from a seller in the U.K., and arrived exactly as described, although, his description really didn't provide much information, so I'll describe it as well as possible. It's exactly 14" from tip-to-pommel/a full-tang file-worked 1095 high-carbon duel-edged dagger blade, SS bolsters and pommel, mosaic pins, and walnut burl scales/yellow pin-strip accents. There's "C.F.K. CUTLERY COMPANY/1095 HIGH CARBON/HANDMADEKNIVES" etched on the blade just above the tang, and is otherwise unmarked. Both edges came razor-sharp, and it weighs-in at about 9 oz.'s. When I first saw this dagger I thought it looked pretty cool, and when I received it that thought was confirmed. This knife is very comfortable to hold, and has perfectly placed finger-choils on the tang. A nice addition to my collection! 8)WIN_20200706_10_27_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20200706_10_28_03_Pro.jpg
Wow! What a blade.
You have some nice blades.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jmh58 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:17 pm Marco. You got a GREAT collection of fb🔪s!!! WoW 🤩 👍👌👍
John ✌️
Thanks John! ::handshake:: I appreciate you looking and commenting! I really enjoy your posts too! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Tony_Wood wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:08 pm
Madmarco wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 pm Today I have this pretty cool dagger to show you! I got this one on ebay, and was from 1 of very few auctions that I participate in. It came from a seller in the U.K., and arrived exactly as described, although, his description really didn't provide much information, so I'll describe it as well as possible. It's exactly 14" from tip-to-pommel/a full-tang file-worked 1095 high-carbon duel-edged dagger blade, SS bolsters and pommel, mosaic pins, and walnut burl scales/yellow pin-strip accents. There's "C.F.K. CUTLERY COMPANY/1095 HIGH CARBON/HANDMADEKNIVES" etched on the blade just above the tang, and is otherwise unmarked. Both edges came razor-sharp, and it weighs-in at about 9 oz.'s. When I first saw this dagger I thought it looked pretty cool, and when I received it that thought was confirmed. This knife is very comfortable to hold, and has perfectly placed finger-choils on the tang. A nice addition to my collection! 8)WIN_20200706_10_27_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20200706_10_28_03_Pro.jpg
Wow! What a blade.
You have some nice blades.
Thanks very much Tony! ::handshake:: I'm enjoying seeing what you build, wish I had your skills! 8)
8)

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”