KIN-FOE

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

KIN-FOE

Post by btrwtr »

In light of Brad Wood's recent After The Storm article in Knife Magazine I'd like to show you some KIN-FOE marked knives that I have. I have corresponded with Brad over the years concerning the origin of these knives and we have agreed that they were Case related and Brad recently found the answer to the mystery of this brand. I have heard and received much speculation on where and how these knives came about and none of what I heard made any sense to either Brad or myself. Through much hard work Brad has finally come up with the documented answer that I have been searching for. Much credit to him!

KIN-FOE is a brand that was manufactured in the Little Valley New York Kinfolks plant. A rather obscure and likewise hard to find brand of fixed blade knives.

If you have any KIN-FOE knives please post them here. There are several patterns I am aware of that I do not have in my collection.
Attachments
IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7821.JPG
IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7823.JPG
IMG_7824.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG
IMG_7826.JPG
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Doc B

Re: KIN-FOE

Post by Doc B »

Super collection!!!!!!!!
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

WOW!! Those are just plain KOOL!! 8) Thanks for sharing!!! ::tu:: You can send the 4th from the top to "The Rocks" for a closer look!!! ::nod:: :lol: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Outstanding Wayne! ::tu:: ::tu:: Especially since I somehow missed ever encountering a KIN-FOE before seeing one in Brad’s article. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
srm65

Post by srm65 »

There is a Kin-Foe on Ebay that looks like one you have. It is in bad shape for $145.00.
Sidney Massingale
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Stunning! ::tu:: I had a Cattaraugus that looked JUST LIKE one of those stacked leather woodcraft patterns, but somebody talked me out of it I guess. That article was fabulous.
clockman

Post by clockman »

hello, Sir. I have a w r case and sons bradford Pa. fish knife in green bone marked "stainless". My knife looks very much like yours. I see the case influence here. Thanks for sharing! Randy
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::tu:: ::tu:: nice ::tu:: ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

That is a very nice collection, Wayne.

I was not aware of that stamp. Very interesting.

Thank you for showing them.
Joe
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I have a couple not shown, but I'll be damned if I know where they are at this time. One is a bone outers pattern none of the four or five I have are in great shape.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thanks for posting those Wayne, nice group! I had seen the one on ebay and wondered about it and then you posted on them. ::tu::
steve99f
wlf

Post by wlf »

Nice collection. We are fortunate to have you here Wayne.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Papas-toybox

Post by Papas-toybox »

Just wondering if these have any value to collectors? I have an opportunity to purchase a small collection of them at I hope a reasonable price, but information is very hard to find on them. Thanks,
Bob
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Papas-toybox wrote:Just wondering if these have any value to collectors? I have an opportunity to purchase a small collection of them at I hope a reasonable price, but information is very hard to find on them. Thanks,
Bob
I value these as I would a Case Tested fixed blade of similar pattern and condition. They are much harder to find but due to the obscurity of the stamp collectors are in general unaware of them.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Papas-toybox

Post by Papas-toybox »

The seller is asking $100 for this one. Do you feel it's worth it? Sheath has had a part replaced.
FB_IMG_1555469285961.jpg
FB_IMG_1555469747615.jpg
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Looking at the sheaths in the OP, the sheath with the knife doesn't look original. Is it marked Kin-Foe? Looks like a better made sheath though, double stitched and riveted. ::tu::
steve99f

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”