rawhide neck sheath

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
sunknife

rawhide neck sheath

Post by sunknife »

I made this rawhide sheath with a leather neck strap for the small blade knife I recently did a handle build on. First time project of this type for me, learned a few things in the process and believe the next one I attempt should come out better. Overall pretty pleased with this one just the same.
I put a coat of marine varnish over the rawhide, satin finish but a little too shiny for my taste. Probably take some fine steel wool to it to dull the glare and then wax for weather protection.
Thanks for taking a look. :)
Attachments
rawhide sheath-1a - 1.jpg
rawhide sheath-3a - 1.jpg
rawhide sheath-2a - 1.jpg
Greg
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: rawhide neck sheath

Post by Old Folder »

sunknife wrote:I made this rawhide sheath with a leather neck strap for the small blade knife I recently did a handle build on. First time project of this type for me, learned a few things in the process and believe the next one I attempt should come out better. Overall pretty pleased with this one just the same.
I put a coat of marine varnish over the rawhide, satin finish but a little too shiny for my taste. Probably take some fine steel wool to it to dull the glare and then wax for weather protection.
Thanks for taking a look. :)
Great work Greg. ::nod::
The leather strap is a perfect color match for the knife.
I like it.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Greg, if you had not said 'first one' I would have never considered that. Beautiful job and they go perfect together. ::nod:: ::tu::
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thanks Dan and doglegg, I appreciate the kind remarks fellas. :)
Greg
onehikes

Post by onehikes »

Nice, comfortable, rustic look. Good job,

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”