Unknown sheath knife..can anyone help identify???

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Unknown sheath knife..can anyone help identify???

Post by 98src »

I picked this sheath knife up at a local pawn shop and , of course, no history. Appears to be a one-of- a-kind and very well made with the deep engraving and precise silver inlays.
The attachment noblie-2.JPG is no longer available
noblie-3.JPG
noblie-4.JPG
noblie-5.JPG
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Unknown sheath knife..can anyone help identify???

Post by deo-pa »

Nice looking knife! It was made in Bulgaria by a company called Noblie (see https://noblie.eu/). The company is is not strictly a knife maker but sort of a lifestyle company selling knives, swords, chess sets, and so on. Their knives are expensive: about $2,000 on up.

They aren't true customs so resale value is questionable. It looks like the one shown here is for sale on eBay right now at $500 or best offer (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunting-knife- ... SwovNaJfIq).

My impression is the knives cater to the high-end gift crowd rather than the custom knife aficionado. Nonetheless, they are beautiful. A look through their on-line catalog is worthwhile.

Dennis
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

Yes......it's the same one. I've had no response, and was looking for more information on it. The only marking is N0001 where the blade meets the guard. Any idea of what it is really worth?
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Pretty hard to assign a value. Folks who might be interested might be put off because the sheath is missing. Have you looked at eBay's sold listings to see if any Noblie knives have sold? If you really want to move it your best bet is to have a no reserve listing with a modest starting price. The key will be to write a great description of the design, silver inlay, link to Noblie website, original price, etc.

Dennis
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

I have the sheath. Rather plain in design, but with a lot of artistic tooling.
noblie-16.JPG
noblie-1.JPG
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

This is interesting. The sheath is very utilitarian and unlike the fancy sheaths, or display holders, or presentation boxes you see in the Noblie catalog. Also, the handle is a classic design, whereas many in the catalog are quite fancy. Finally, the knife is not etched with the Noblie name or circle logo as those in the catalog.

I wonder if this could be a very early Noblie knife? Perhaps, with the N0001 number, even the very first? That would likely make it very valuable to the right Noblie collector.

Another possibility occurs to me and that is maybe Noblie makes cheaper versions of their knives to sell to a more mass market, perhaps costing hundreds rather than thousands of dollars. If so, the might sell it through other outlets and choose to not sign it to avoid cheapening their brand.

I think you should email Noblie and ask them to provide some information. Also, because they are made in Bulgaria I bet these are much more popular in Europe than the U.S., therefore you might do better by listing your ad on a European eBay site. If you do contact them and they respond, be sure to update this posting.

Dennis
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I know nothing about the knife, but we have an AAPK member, goes by the handle "Eustace", who is from Bulgaria. Maybe he'll see this and comment, or you could send him a PM and ask if he knows anything about the knife or the company. Here's a link to one of his recent posts viewtopic.php?f=37&t=56180

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
98src
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 98src »

I sent him a PM, but as of yet, no response.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”