Questions about a Randall Knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
knifeseller

Questions about a Randall Knife

Post by knifeseller »

My late brother-in-law had several Randall KNives. I am trying to find out when this knife was made and whether the handle is ivorite. I am thinking my brother-in-law purchased this sometime in the 1990's but I'm not certain. The sheath looks new. Can anyone take a look at this and give me a best guess on the handle and age of the knife? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
New_1_DSCF0070.JPG
New_1_DSCF0071.JPG
New_1_DSCF0071.JPG
New_1_DSCF0072.JPG
New_1_DSCF0075.JPG
New_1_DSCF0076.JPG
New_1_DSCF0077.JPG
New_1_DSCF0079.JPG
New_2_DSCF0070.JPG
New_2_DSCF0076.JPG
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Questions about a Randall Knife

Post by terryl308 »

Nice Randall!, it is a "Camp and Trail Knife" model 5, with a 4 inch blade and I believe a carbon steel blade. Pretty sure it has a ivorite handle , not ivory. don't believe they put ivory on any knives in the 90's unless the customer furnished it. A Randall expert will probably be along and tell you more like when it was made (spacer color will tell an expert close to the years it was made, I don't have that info handy , ::handshake:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
knifeseller

Post by knifeseller »

Hello Terry,
Thanks so much for the information. I thought that the handle must be ivorite. Thank again and I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Did a little more looking and I believe your knife is around 1985 to the present, the late 70's to mid 1980's it would have had a thick center spacer (5 total). That's about as close as I can get. ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
knifeseller

Post by knifeseller »

Hello Terry,
Thanks so much for that information. I cant' tell you how much that helps with the knife ID. I hope you have great New Year!!!!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”