Bark River Knives?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
kootenay joe

Re: Bark River Knives?

Post by kootenay joe »

Will, thank you. Your 'adventures' of 20 or so years ago are now giving us some needed info on the "Upper Peninsula" knives.
My orange G-10 knife is an early Bark River, not a Northwoods branded knife. Did Mike S. do any of the blade grinding in the early days of BRK&T ? Whomever did grind this blade did a masterful job.
kj
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Welder Bob...I can see why thats a fave of yours...only sheaths I care for
are the loop holster type sheaths with a keeper strap, ya can have the rest of em if you are gonna carry it

He mite have worked on some knives in the early stages KJ..till he got a crew in place starting up a company and all
Hard to say KJ

Wll
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

I may be mistaken but in my researching Mr. Stewart, I do not have the impression that he was actually getting his hands dirty in the shop since his early days at Marbles.
He did a LOT of his own PR but i haven't seen anything stating that he was actively grinding knives after Marbles.
I am most likely mistaken, and if anyone knows more about this (shop work vs desk work) I would love to learn.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The best way to know at what times/places he was making knives is to ask him. An email to BRK "Attn Mike Stewart" should get to him. You might get a reply if you keep your message brief and to the point.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I have a couple; I have not actually used them beyond coonfingering. The third knife I kind of put in the same category; it was recommended to me by Tank. Rest his soul.
aurora003.jpg
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

Bark River sure does produce some very nice blades.

Very nice collection there Tongueriver.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”