What Fixed Blade is on....

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
jmh58

Re: What Fixed Blade is on....

Post by jmh58 »

Spyderco Swick 4 on the belt.. I have never had any issues with a FB on the belt here.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

My new Old Timer "Sharpfinger" (152OT) *giggle* carried inverted beneath my sport coat keeps it "under the radar" Smile, nod, tip your hat to the ladies, and act kind. 99% of the time this behavior wards off all kinds of problems. ::tu:: I carry it because it often comes in 'handy' (he said pointing to his hand). ::nod:: :wink:

Enjoy your day!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
Attachments
8OT Essential 007.JPG
David
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

DM11 wrote:Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
I like the looks of that knife a lot. I've been thinking about going the pocket fixed blade rout myself.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Colonel26 wrote:
DM11 wrote:Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
I like the looks of that knife a lot. I've been thinking about going the pocket fixed blade rout myself.

Thank you Colonel. The Essential is one of my favorite small knives. I've just started using the pocket sheath and find it a good option when I dont want to belt carry. :)
David
cato

Post by cato »

my little fat buddy got to go out this week
Attachments
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2142.JPG
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

cato wrote:my little fat buddy got to go out this week
Now THAT is some STAG! ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I seldom carry a fixed blade but when I do it's usually this pocket carry by Barry Dawson.
image.jpeg
Or this CRKT on my belt.
image.jpeg

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Quite often this little Ruana in ironwood.
5-AD Ruana001.jpg
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

Today and most days I'm out back in the yard I usually have the Koster Bushcraft Knifeworks with the custom Alpern Sheath that I turned into a dangler.

I received this knife as a gift from a friend on another knife forum and I've been in love with it since day one. It's got a true scandi single bevel grind, one angle from the flat till it reaches the apex of the edge. I've been freehand sharpening and polishing this blade, when I get it to a mirror polish and it'll whittle hair I'll take it back to a more practical toothier edge Right now I'm just ebjoyin' the different degrees of sharpness I'm gettin.

Right now it'll cut the glue strip of a free hanging cigarette paper, it'll slice toilet paper under it's own weight and it'll shave those foam earplugs with ease. (if you wanna see how sharp your knife id just try to cut a foam earplug without squishing it). I'm just shy of hair whittlin' sharp. :)
100_3046.JPG
If not the Koster than the EK Model 5 Combat Bowie or the SYKCO (Scrap Yard Knife Co) 311,
100_2364.JPG
...it all depends on how involved I wanna get in the back yard. ;)

100_3042.jpg
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
truck

Post by truck »

Most days I don't carry a fixed blade. When I'm in dense brush however I usually carry a GranDaddy by Southern Grind, kind of Bowie/machete hybrid. And I have made quick runs to the feed store or hardware store wearing said blade on my belt with no comments from anyone. Of course we're talking about rural Georgia, so your experience may be the same.
Attachments
IMG_1068.JPG
I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar.
TheMadHungarian

Just took off the Custom Koster Bushcrafter knife in a custom Ed Alpern leather Sheath as I'm in for the night I stuck a Large Sebenza ebony inlay 21 in my pocket for the evening.
DSC_7378 (1).JPG
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Stringplucker

Post by Stringplucker »

I almost always have a Schrade 152OT (early model, US made) with me. Over the years, it's become an extension of my hand, literally another finger. I've used it for everything you need a knife for. It's hard to ignore the quality of US made Schrade 1095 steel.
Jon
tank

Post by tank »

Here in Tn. we can carry any knife inside or out and pretty much the same with firearms. The only time it's good to tone it down is when in big cities.
AAPK Moderator
BRKCA Founding Member
A quality knife is a companion for life.
My Collection
My Blog
TheMadHungarian

tank wrote:Here in Tn. we can carry any knife inside or out and pretty much the same with firearms. The only time it's good to tone it down is when in big cities.
Same here in PA, open carry is legal CCW permit to carry concealed and on the belt is OK as long as it's not an auto or double edge you're good to go, I often carry an EK model 5 Combat Bowie, it makes for a great all around knife as you can see it gets plenty of use. Certainly no closet queen.
DSC_8923.JPG
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I prefer to carry the Buck Folding Hunter, but do carry the Buck 118 or Buck 121 when I hunt. I like the shorter sheath as the longer ones get in my way when getting into a vehicle or sitting in a chair. As for wearing the knife on your belt, I go into to town for lunch, or to the hardware store, or a gunshop, or WalMart, etc. and no one even looks at you funny. Now in Raleigh or Chapel Hill I am sure it would be different - lots of lifelong urbanites in those places. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by WelderBob »

These are my four main edc's. Top to btm.
All are excellent belt knives, very easy to carry.

Bark River Gunny
Marbles Woodcraft
Dozier Personal
Dozier New York Special
Attachments
IMG_5462.JPG
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC04142.JPG
DSC04160.JPG
CPR... L.T.Wright Patriot.. Nice small belt carry!!! ::tu:: John :D

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote:DSC04142.JPGDSC04160.JPG

CPR... L.T.Wright Patriot.. Nice small belt carry!!! ::tu:: John :D

sunknife

Post by sunknife »

I like all 4 of those WelderBob. The woodcraft especially catches my attention, nice and varied collection there. ::tu::

I also like that patriot John and the pic. I considered those before I bought my frontier first, had they had one in the handle material I wanted I think I would have gone with a patriot. ::tu::
Greg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I've long admired Dozier's work, especially on his New York Special. Almost pulled the trigger on that one in the distant past but never quite managed it.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”