What Fixed Blade is on....

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
jmh58

What Fixed Blade is on....

Post by jmh58 »

...your belt today.. While off work I like to have a FB with me.. I edc one at least 1-2 times a week.. Today it is a Blind Horse Knives Lil Muck in black/blue micarta handle 01 tool steel!! Handy lil knife it is!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
gmusic

Re: What Fixed Blade is on....

Post by gmusic »

In my state I may as well pack around an AR! Either one may get me arrested or shot! I wish it wasn't that way..........

Are the good times really over for good?
http://www.musicmadeknives.com

Rodger, (Rodger-50/2050), Bill (El Lobo), Johnny Fain (jonet143), Johnny Samples (Johnnyrotten),
Bill Price (CCBill)

Please feel free to contact any mod or admin with concerns.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Gary that's a shame. Here in Ky. you could carry a fixed blade knife and most folks wouldn't bat an eye. Same for a handgun carried openly. (I've seen both carried in public on numerous occasions with no one making a ruckus about it.) An AR might draw a little attention but I don't think it would get you shot unless you pointed it at someone.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

On the skidda Sunday mornings I like my small Anza's ::super_happy::
Attachments
fall 2014 065.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

We go to Casa Grande bout every 3 weeks grocery shopping...just 3 days ago,
saw a man and his wife that looked about 60-70 yrs old at Fry's..they were decked out in sunday best,
jeans,western shirt with bolo, hat, etc. they both had six-shooters on one side,
the guy had what looked like a 6 in blade, 11" oal stag straight blade as did his wife on other side, but
her's was only 7" oal and had the most beautifull Red Stag handle that really jumped out
against her blouse, I even gave em a compliment bout how nice they looked and yacked for 2-3 mins with em
I have wore my 7" Stag Marble's Ideal on my belt several times to run to town to hardware, or get gas in the can while doing chores around the ranch here in Arizona, no one gave it a 2nd look

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

In Wyoming, a RESIDENT can carry concealed firearms WITHOUT A PERMIT and that is not to mention any arsenal of visible guns, knives, swords, axes, hand grenades, snow balls and horse turds. There are ZERO laws regarding knives in this state, including autos.
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

gmusic wrote:In my state I may as well pack around an AR! Either one may get me arrested or shot! I wish it wasn't that way..........

8) I will Second that! ::handshake:: Hell, the State we live in people think a small SAK pocket knife is a Dangerous weapon.
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Enzo Nordic Puukko.. Antler/oak handle.. I wish I could post a pic of this knife as it is absolutely beautiful!!! ::ds:: John :D

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote: is on your belt??? Blind Horse Knives Lil Muck in black/blue micarta handle 01 tool steel!! Handy lil knife it is!! John :D
This was yesterdays carry.. See what today brings??? ::sneaky:: John :D

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Most any day this Mora will be at my side.
P1010357 (1).JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Except out in the country, you can't carry a fixed blade in the great state of Chicago.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I grew up in Chicago and still admire many aspects of it. Butthe knife laws, gun laws, taxations, lack of response to the killings, the political hacks in charge etc. keep me far away. But what a splendid lake front.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I have no clue what the laws are, really don't care either.
Many times I'll hook a fb on my belt before a mission and remember I need to stop at
the grocery store.....oh well.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

MITCH RAPP wrote:
gmusic wrote:In my state I may as well pack around an AR! Either one may get me arrested or shot! I wish it wasn't that way..........

8) I will Second that! ::handshake:: Hell, the State we live in people think a small SAK pocket knife is a Dangerous weapon.
Mitch:If you want to be able to carry a gun in Kalifornicate all you have to do is get a job in the government;especially the part that makes the laws.Then you have no prob ::shrug:: lem!
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

philco wrote:Gary that's a shame. Here in Ky. you could carry a fixed blade knife and most folks wouldn't bat an eye. Same for a handgun carried openly. (I've seen both carried in public on numerous occasions with no one making a ruckus about it.) An AR might draw a little attention but I don't think it would get you shot unless you pointed it at someone.
In my part of KY if you openly carried an AR the only trouble you'd have is all the people coming over to see which brand and model it is. Lol

I don't carry a fixed blade a lot, but when I do it's usually a Western bird and trout knife.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Spyderco Swick 4 on the belt.. I have never had any issues with a FB on the belt here.. John :D

Captain O

Post by Captain O »

My new Old Timer "Sharpfinger" (152OT) *giggle* carried inverted beneath my sport coat keeps it "under the radar" Smile, nod, tip your hat to the ladies, and act kind. 99% of the time this behavior wards off all kinds of problems. ::tu:: I carry it because it often comes in 'handy' (he said pointing to his hand). ::nod:: :wink:

Enjoy your day!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
Attachments
8OT Essential 007.JPG
David
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

DM11 wrote:Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
I like the looks of that knife a lot. I've been thinking about going the pocket fixed blade rout myself.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Colonel26 wrote:
DM11 wrote:Carried this BRK Essential in a pocket sheath today.
I like the looks of that knife a lot. I've been thinking about going the pocket fixed blade rout myself.

Thank you Colonel. The Essential is one of my favorite small knives. I've just started using the pocket sheath and find it a good option when I dont want to belt carry. :)
David
cato

Post by cato »

my little fat buddy got to go out this week
Attachments
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2142.JPG
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

cato wrote:my little fat buddy got to go out this week
Now THAT is some STAG! ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I seldom carry a fixed blade but when I do it's usually this pocket carry by Barry Dawson.
image.jpeg
Or this CRKT on my belt.
image.jpeg

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Quite often this little Ruana in ironwood.
5-AD Ruana001.jpg
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

Today and most days I'm out back in the yard I usually have the Koster Bushcraft Knifeworks with the custom Alpern Sheath that I turned into a dangler.

I received this knife as a gift from a friend on another knife forum and I've been in love with it since day one. It's got a true scandi single bevel grind, one angle from the flat till it reaches the apex of the edge. I've been freehand sharpening and polishing this blade, when I get it to a mirror polish and it'll whittle hair I'll take it back to a more practical toothier edge Right now I'm just ebjoyin' the different degrees of sharpness I'm gettin.

Right now it'll cut the glue strip of a free hanging cigarette paper, it'll slice toilet paper under it's own weight and it'll shave those foam earplugs with ease. (if you wanna see how sharp your knife id just try to cut a foam earplug without squishing it). I'm just shy of hair whittlin' sharp. :)
100_3046.JPG
If not the Koster than the EK Model 5 Combat Bowie or the SYKCO (Scrap Yard Knife Co) 311,
100_2364.JPG
...it all depends on how involved I wanna get in the back yard. ;)

100_3042.jpg
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”