Show off your fixed blades!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Show off your fixed blades!

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:47 pm Marco, yes we are referring to those small notches at the bottom of the blade.

TOPDOG, have you posted photos of your kudri collection? If so, can you direct me to the post? If not, I hope you will do so.
I have posted pictures of them, I'll have to look and see where that post is as it has been some time ago.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:53 pm I did a 2 day train trip from home here in Winnipeg, MB. to Vancouver, B.C., ... So, we had to wait for another 18 legal age province to resume our partying! Who'd of thunk legal age applies on a moving train! ::shrug:: 8)

That's a great story! And another good reason to always have two drinks in your hands ( ::paranoid:: The good Lord gave you 2 for a reason ::paranoid:: )... "just in case"! 8)

I wonder if legal age applies on a moving plane? When you are flying over Canada, ::hmm:: maybe the stewardess can't bring you a drink in 19 legal age province if you are over that air space and only 18? ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Exactly! ::idea:: I don't see how something like age can apply in open spaces and in motion. If you're in a plane above the ground, you aren't actually in any state or province, a country maybe, but certainly not a specific s or p. I also don't see why I can't get it though my head that the government does what they want when they want, and that's not likely to change. ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

::hmm:: For further insight into the physics of under age drinking over Canadian inter-airspace I think we might need to address the theory of Relativity as it applies to the Space-Time Continuum*. ::paranoid::

*The space-time continuum is a model of reality that combines three dimensions of space and one of time into a single entity. ::hmm:: ... and might just answer the ultimate question of the universe ::paranoid:: "Where the He!! can I get another drink when quantum particles have absorbed all the single malt scotch whisky ? ::paranoid::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: !!! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I trot this out every couple of years to show the newbies. The Sabertooth might be the ultimate camp knife. Designed and made by Mr. Spivey for several purposes on his nation covering horseback rides. Knife, axe, saw: all provided for. The saw teeth can cut thru steel; the blade will cut and cleave with the best.

P1010226 (1).JPG
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I like the Sabertooth. Looks like it could indeed be very useful around the camp!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks for the comment Dan. It's probably just a bit too heavy for most people to belt carry. But it saved Spivey from packing 3 separate tools. And should a mountain lion enter your camp.....well the lion may be at a disadvantage. :)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

The Sabertooth has an interesting history. Apparently John Wayne was a fan of them. They've also released Iraq and Afghanistan models. Of course, I'd find out about them after the Iraq model sold out.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Dan, thanks for the heads up about the two middle-east models. I am not into collecting the Sabertooths so these do not impact me.
Mr. Spivey must be quite advanced in years now. I imagine he rarely makes a knife today if at all. But to have created the Sabertooth is a legacy he should be justly proud of. It is a wonderfully practical contribution to the history of knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's one mean looking efficient knife Garry. This is my first time viewing it. Any knife that can do all the things that one can should certainly be standard equipment for any avid outdoorsman. 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

And not only do them Marco, but do each function exceedingly well.
P1010227.JPG
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 am Nepalese Kukri.
My "Work" Nepalese Kukri. I was given this Nepalese Kukri by a Gurkha security guard at a place I was staying over sees. I have used it for years cutting brush and other yard work, trimming small branch of tree trunks etc... now and I pull it out and just swing it around ::paranoid:: the
Attachments
DSCF0815.JPG
DSCF0816.JPG

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm sure it does Garry. Any knife that can cut through steel with saw teeth is an impressive knife in my book. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That knife has seen it's fair share of work Dog, and it's still in great shape. Very cool bud! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

TOPDOG, as often as you have had your Kukri out to use, it is fortunate you did not have to have your blade taste blood before every return to its sheath.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:44 am TOPDOG, as often as you have had your Kukri out to use, it is fortunate you did not have to have your blade taste blood before every return to its sheath.
::rotflol:: I would have died a death of "10,000 cuts" so I keep it on a wooden stand and don't put it back in the sheath :wink:

Here is another one I had laying around.
Attachments
DSCF9714.JPG
DSCF9715.JPG
DSCF9723.JPG

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looking very cool. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a nice one Dog. I looks just as new as the one Garry posted. Very cool knife for sure! 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:06 am Looking very cool. ::tu::
::handshake:: Thanks! I got these ones in Nepal, in person, while backpacking around. My pack was heavy by the end of the trip 😓😓😓
Attachments
DSCF1121.JPG
DSCF1122.JPG
DSCF1123.JPG
DSCF1124.JPG
DSCF1125.JPG
DSCF1126.JPG

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Garry! I noticed that on the Kukri you posted the symbol on the blade looks somewhat like a couple of notches, on the used one that Dog posted the symbol resembles a sort of half-moon, and on the newer one Dog posted the symbol resembles an "M" or even a Batman's cowl appearance, would you know if the different shapes affect what the meaning of the symbol stands for? ::shrug:: Thx! 8) EDIT: Actually, upon having another look, the symbols all seem to resemble each other closely, so I assume any difference is unintentional. Thanks all the same! 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

M.M. ::hmm:: I think I am getting closer to solving the problem involving the theory of Relativity and underage drinking over Canadian inter-airspace while moving at speeds lower than the speed of light. ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCF0817.JPG

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

T Dog, Very interesting pieces. First I have seen of so much detail work on the sheaths.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Marco, looking more closely I think each maker is working with the same symbol but being handmade there are some slight variations.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:38 am T Dog, Very interesting pieces. First I have seen of so much detail work on the sheaths.
The sheaths are wooden, handmade & craved ::hmm:: probably from the 1960's (I bought one from the owner and have some pictures of him using it in his back yard around the Chitwan National Park area in Nepal.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”