Show off your fixed blades!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Show off your fixed blades!

Post by doglegg »

doglegg wrote:
knifeslave wrote::D
VG10 Steel,Hand Forged,Rosewood Handle,how about this
Just curious, did you make it?
I look forward to seeing more of your work. Great looking knife.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kool knife ya made there knifeslave!! ::tu:: Yep!!! ::nod:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
knifeslave

Post by knifeslave »

thanks jmh58,doglegg and royal0014.good luck
We Specialize in Selling the Best Knives and Outdoor Gear from China! Shop with Confidence!
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thats a beauty knifeslave, Wow! ::tu::
Greg
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

91131D3B-4600-406C-BB2C-75EAA2DAB2A6.jpeg
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Tony, all your esee's are sure dressed nice. ::tu::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

doglegg wrote:Tony, all your esee's are sure dressed nice. ::tu::
Yes sir. One is Worn, the other is Waiting.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
Winnipeg Gentleman

Post by Winnipeg Gentleman »

Greetings all.

Here are 3 deer skinners I have. I know they're not fancy or anything, but I love that slick and sleek look in the blade, plus the tooled thumb-rest makes them feel great in the hand. I hope you enjoy seeing them:

Winnipeg Gentleman
abrowe

Post by abrowe »

I picked this one up from Erin Burke three years ago. Karelian birch and W2. I'm using Erins photos as mine are crap.Pete
Attachments
16720150309_0cf81c7e10_b.jpg
abrowe

Post by abrowe »

Here's a better photo.Pete
Attachments
16901474271_71d6673bd1_b.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Pete, that is a very good looking knife. The sheath also.
abrowe

Post by abrowe »

Thanks Doglegg.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

I recently purchased this one and posted shots of it on the photography thread but since it is a fixed blade I figure I post it here as well.
Attachments
Linder German Boy Scout Knife.JPG
Linder Pathfinder German Boy Scout Knife I.JPG
Linder Pathfinder German Boy Scout Knife II.JPG
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Winnipeg Gentleman

Post by Winnipeg Gentleman »

Sasquach:

The fixed blade you just posted, the one with the black handle and the silver diamond, that exact knife is shown in a movie called 'Hard Core Logo.' The handle is exactly the same, the composition, the extended tang guard, the pommel, yours is exactly like the one in that movie.

The only difference between your knife and the one in the movie is the blade: the blade in the movie is an upsweep deer skinner blade, thin and sleek, whereas the blade on yours is straighter, thicker, and fuller.

Other than that, though, the handles are exactly the same. I noticed right away because when I saw the knife in that movie, I thought it was beautiful and would've loved to find one just like it. May I ask where you bought yours? I'd love to find one just like that, except with the thinner deer skinner blade, like in the movie.

Winnipeg Gentleman
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Winnipeg Gentleman wrote:Sasquach:

The fixed blade you just posted, the one with the black handle and the silver diamond, that exact knife is shown in a movie called 'Hard Core Logo.' The handle is exactly the same, the composition, the extended tang guard, the pommel, yours is exactly like the one in that movie.

The only difference between your knife and the one in the movie is the blade: the blade in the movie is an upsweep deer skinner blade, thin and sleek, whereas the blade on yours is straighter, thicker, and fuller.

Other than that, though, the handles are exactly the same. I noticed right away because when I saw the knife in that movie, I thought it was beautiful and would've loved to find one just like it. May I ask where you bought yours? I'd love to find one just like that, except with the thinner deer skinner blade, like in the movie.

Winnipeg Gentleman
I purchased this one on ebay. It is made by Carl Linder of Solingen, Germany. Linder makes some fine looking hunting knives and the Germen Boy Scout knife is currently offered among them. Linder has named their model the "Pathfinder". I'm sure that if yo do a web search for "Linder Pathfinder" you'll be able to find one. I don't know if they offer a different blade pattern on that handle. It is possible that the one you saw in the movie was a custom knife made for the movie by someone like Gil Hibben, who designed the knives for the Rambo movies. Good luck in your search! ::tu::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is my "German Boy Scout Knife" (now called "Outdoors Knife" on Hubertus website). These were first made in 1930's and is still made today by at least Linder & Hubertus and possibly others. Anything that has been produced for over 80 years has to be a product that does it's job well.
The blade is listed as 12cm which it is if you measure from start of cutting edge. Measuring from guard it is 13.7cm. The saw teeth are 'double edged' so cut on pull and push strokes. Handled is a hard checkered plastic of some kind which gives a very positive grip. Sheath is metal.
I see this as an ideal 'adventure' knife for the younger folks, say ages 10-20. At this age we didn't just use our knife for cutting. We also used it to poke, pry, scrape, hack, pound, and of course, most fun of all, throw. This is a good knife for this type of use/'abuse'. The guard & handle give good hand protection and the saw teeth cut aggressively well. Cost is 70 Euros which is about $83 USD.
kj
Attachments
IMGP4168.JPG
IMGP4169.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

This is the well known traditional Arab dagger, the Khanjar. This is an older knife from southern Jordan likely made for the tourist trade.
P1020451.JPG
P1020450.JPG
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

abrowe wrote:Here's a better photo.Pete
Wow, that's a looker, great pattern in the steel, the handle. Mmmmmmmmm. Welcome to AAPK. Keep those pics coming.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

For many years the RH Ruana got all the camping chores. The the kids got old enough to use knives and the Ruana caught a rock while making kindling.
It was replaced with a locally made D2 fixed blade for outdoor chores.
RH Ruana and Nate Miller camp knives, used hard.JPG
Made of D2 and used for camping.JPG
RH Ruana with sheath, ferric rod is worn past magnesium holder.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

This superb U.S. Marbles has a blade of 52/100 steel. It is a Woodcraft model with the Gamegetter style handle in beautiful Cocobolo. The ball bearing steel has won several national cutting championships. The blade is 4 3/8.

020452.JPG[/attachment]
P1020453.JPG
P1020455.JPG
Attachments
P1020452.JPG
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

An absolutely beautiful knife QS!!! :mrgreen: Can you feel my envy? :lol:

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

kootenay joe wrote:Here is my "German Boy Scout Knife" (now called "Outdoors Knife" on Hubertus website). These were first made in 1930's and is still made today by at least Linder & Hubertus and possibly others. Anything that has been produced for over 80 years has to be a product that does it's job well.
The blade is listed as 12cm which it is if you measure from start of cutting edge. Measuring from guard it is 13.7cm. The saw teeth are 'double edged' so cut on pull and push strokes. Handled is a hard checkered plastic of some kind which gives a very positive grip. Sheath is metal.
I see this as an ideal 'adventure' knife for the younger folks, say ages 10-20. At this age we didn't just use our knife for cutting. We also used it to poke, pry, scrape, hack, pound, and of course, most fun of all, throw. This is a good knife for this type of use/'abuse'. The guard & handle give good hand protection and the saw teeth cut aggressively well. Cost is 70 Euros which is about $83 USD.
kj
Hubertus is the only one I'm aware of that includes the saw feature on the spine of the blade. Nice touch.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Squatch. When I see an American made knife of this quality from just a few years ago, my regret just increases at all we have lost in U.S. cutlery.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Quick Steel wrote:Thank you Squatch. When I see an American made knife of this quality from just a few years ago, my regret just increases at all we have lost in U.S. cutlery.
Speaking of which, I heard Queen was going to resume production after some "restructuring" but haven't heard anything since. I was hoping for the best but it's looking like they aren't coming back. I hope some big conglomerate doesn't buy the trade mark and start making knives with a Queen tang stamp in China. :(

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Here's another knife that I've always thought was a great design for a bush/survival type....The Cold Steel Bushman. I never bought one because I don't buy Chinese products much (even though I have respect for Cold Steel products) and was hoping an American cutler would pick up the pattern. I got tired of waiting. :lol: The utilitarian simplicity of this knife is outstanding. One solid piece of SK-5 high carbon steel, 12.25" OAL, 9.8 oz. It arrived razor sharp and upon my initial inspection I'm impressed with it's construction, Chinese or not. I plan to find out if it performs well in the field. If it does, it will be a jewel for the price.
Attachments
000_2043 (2).JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”