Schatt Morgan Queen DFC (Daniels Family Cutlery) 99 Mammoth Ivory Executive Jack Knife SUPER RARE! NIB

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schatt Morgan Queen DFC (Daniels Family Cutlery) 99 Mammoth Ivory Executive Jack Knife SUPER RARE! NIB

Post by QTCut5 »

The handle certainly is beautiful, much nicer than the mammoth scales on the #99 I got (although mine didn't cost quite as much either so...).

If those scales were on a Tuna Valley instead of a DFC era S&M, it would have sold for twice as much and twice as fast (to me!) ::nod::

A word of advice to the new owner: I don't know what the climate is like where you live, but here in hot, humid Hawaii the blades on all my S&M #99 Executive Jacks start to spot and/or rust after only 2 - 3 days on display if not coated with something to protect them from moisture. Strangely, none of my other S&Ms have this problem, just the Executive Jacks made in the DFC era for some reason. ::shrug::
~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schatt Morgan Queen DFC (Daniels Family Cutlery) 99 Mammoth Ivory Executive Jack Knife SUPER RARE! NIB

Post by KLJ77 »

Thanks ~Q~ for the insight, I appreciate it. I came across a 'paste' application a while back called Eagle Tears. It comes in a lip balm style applicator. After some research and reading on their site about their product, I bought some and have put it on all my knife blades. According to the person who devised it, he put a light film on his fixed blade carry knife he keeps in his sheath daily, and has not had an issue with verdigris, rust, tarnish and such for over two years. So far, I've used this for eight months now, and I check my knives at least once a month to ensure there's nothing going on with them. So far, so good. I'll definitely be putting some on the new #99 when it arrives.

Not trying to hype the above product, just stating what I've discovered and use.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”