Shutting down ebay account...forced to

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
just bob

Re: Shutting down ebay account...forced to

Post by just bob »

I don't sell high dollar knives. I'm much more along the EDC line, but I think prices are higher and there are more bidders. I'm curious what Trevor - Triple F would think on the same subject? He posts links to his items here on AAPK.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
knifegnome
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifegnome »

I'm confused as to what is taxable.I checked some of my past sales and some had tax added to them and some did not.I bought a knife on ebay a couple of days ago and no tax was charged to me,only my bid price and shipping.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

knifegnome wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 am I'm confused as to what is taxable.I checked some of my past sales and some had tax added to them and some did not.I bought a knife on ebay a couple of days ago and no tax was charged to me,only my bid price and shipping.
I think it depends on the state where the buyer resides.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

knifegnome wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 am I'm confused as to what is taxable.I checked some of my past sales and some had tax added to them and some did not.I bought a knife on ebay a couple of days ago and no tax was charged to me,only my bid price and shipping.
I am in the same boat as kj. I've been using a forwarder in Pennsylvania to get knives that sellers won't ship to Ontario, Canada. Now I get soaked for the Penn State tax even though I don't live in Pennsylvania and no one in Penn State bought the item.

I contacted Penn State gov and there is no way around it.

Here is the link to ebay's list of States where tax will be automatically added. If I could find a good forwarder in a State that does not force tax collection I would change but I haven't found a suitable service at this point.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees- ... 1#section4
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sorry bro....
Had a guy cancel his order due to sales tax.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

TripleF wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:44 am Sorry bro....
Had a guy cancel his order due to sales tax.
Thanks. As a Schrade collector 99% of my safe-queen knives are found and sold online in the USA. The State tax in my case is 6% which isn't a huge number by itself but if you add on ebay 10% seller fees, PayPal 4% seller fees and 1 or 2% USD to CAD conversion fees and hefty 2-way international shipping charges there is nearly no way I can ocasionally buy and then sell at a profit like I did 10 years ago.

Just the new cost of accessing the huge USA Schrade market. Life goes on.
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”