Rick Menefee City Knife For Sale

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

Rick Menefee City Knife For Sale

Post by kootenay joe »

I bought this knife from Rick a few years ago. It has been in my safe since then.
Very nice knife. If you have owned one of Rick's knives you know how fine they are.
6 1/2" OAL, 154CM steel, ground quite thinly with even taper spine to edge and distally to very sharp point; green Micarta handles with thin red liners.
I attached the lanyard which is included unless you don't want it. Larry Parsons custom made leather sheath, no belt loop.
$265 shipped. Rick's current price for similar knife is nearly double this.
If interested please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
thanks, kj
Attachments
IMGP4454.JPG
IMGP4459.JPG
IMGP4455.JPG
IMGP4456.JPG
IMGP4458.JPG
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Rick Menefee City Knife For Sale

Post by Paladin »

Rick is a very talented cutler and his knives are top quality.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Ray. Rick is a really nice guy. He sometimes used to phone me in the late evening just to chat about something. I still have 3 folders from Rick and 4 fixed blades, some for butchering. He was very pleased with how this City knife turned out, very even tapered grinds.
I am hoping a buyer will use it as an EDC in pocket or pack.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Note: knife is returnable for refund if once received you don't like it. I would deduct what i paid in PP fees and postage so that i do not end up out of pocket.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

BUMP.
$230 which is a steal, half price, for this Rick Menefee knife.
You will not be disappointed.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

BUMP.
Rick Menefee lives in rural Oklahoma and makes absolutely top notch folders and fixed blades. His wait list is in years. You will not be disappointed in any way by this knife.
Rick does not have a website but here is a link to a custom dealer with a few of his knives: https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/kni ... -rick.html
Open to a reasonable offer: PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Time for a BUMP. Very fine custom knife, Bob Loveless pattern. Send me an offer.
kj
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ok, now i'm really scratching my head... You still haven't moved this one ::hmm:: .
Rick is a top-of-the-line knife maker, even squeaky little me, from the middle of the Canadian prairies has heard about him, and his knifes.
Even thou I totally don't need it, I seriously tempted to shoot you an offer. But alas, after i'm done browsing the listings, i'm putting more of my knives up for sale :roll: . Need the $ for "new" business venture...
Ok, come on knife collectors. Shoot Mr. Knife an offer, and get yourself a custom fixed blade for peanuts on the dollar (no offence intended).
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Willy. Some years back when i was active on BF, this knife would have been snapped up within 1 hour of being listed. Rick Menefee is better known on BF than on AAPK. His fixed blades are now more like $500, so this one is a good deal. Rick was very pleased with how this one turned out.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

BUMP.
Offers for this Rick Menefee fixed blade ?
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Another BUMP for those who have not seen this older thread.
Menefee fixed blade. Rick Menefee is a well known and highly respected knife maker of folders and fixed blades. They rarely become available and Rick has a waiting list.
"City Knife" is a Bob Loveless pattern.
kj
berlinboy

Post by berlinboy »

KJ....please quit tempting me😄
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

berlinboy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:34 pm KJ....please quit tempting me😄
Please buy this knife. You will not regret it. And any knife i sell is returnable for refund, no reason needed.
kj
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

Hi Roland. Some jerk started a thread ripping Rick. You’ve got to read how crazy some people are.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bad ... e.1754926/
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Rick is one of the best people I know, and a fantastic dad and knife maker.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

joeradza wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 pm Hi Roland. Some jerk started a thread ripping Rick. You’ve got to read how crazy some people are.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bad ... e.1754926/
Yeh, i feel sorry for Rick. He is a good guy, good family man and great knifemaker. He has plenty of responsibilities to deal with and the BF thread i'm sure upsets him. People who are saying 'nasty' things don't actually know him.
kj
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::facepalm::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Wow...Just wow! I read that entire thread, and I must say, there is soooooo much missing from the OP regarding what 'really' happened and what went on back in 2017. It doesn't make sense that a very well known and respected knife maker such as Mr. Menefee would respond like this if there wasn't more to the story. I don't know Mr. Menefee, and never heard of him until KJ mentioned him in this thread regarding the knife he has for sale by this maker. Nevertheless, I've drawn the conclusion that the OP at the BF site had a personal grudge and wanted to open up a can of worms against Mr. Menefee...not that my opinion means a hill of beans, but I do stand by those who attest to the reputation of Mr. Menefee.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The internet has enabled disgruntled, angry people to cause problems for anyone they wish to target. It must be very upsetting to have claims made against you that are either untrue or only part of the story.
O.K., i still need a buyer for this excellent Rick Menefee knife so send me a fair offer.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 pm Wow...Just wow! I read that entire thread, and I must say, there is soooooo much missing from the OP regarding what 'really' happened and what went on back in 2017. It doesn't make sense that a very well known and respected knife maker such as Mr. Menefee would respond like this if there wasn't more to the story. I don't know Mr. Menefee, and never heard of him until KJ mentioned him in this thread regarding the knife he has for sale by this maker. Nevertheless, I've drawn the conclusion that the OP at the BF site had a personal grudge and wanted to open up a can of worms against Mr. Menefee...not that my opinion means a hill of beans, but I do stand by those who attest to the reputation of Mr. Menefee.
Well said Ken, ::tu:: my feelings on the matter as well! 8)
8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Menefee City Knife. Loveless design made by Rick Menefee with Parsons sheath.
All top notch.
Please send me an offer: PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Sent you an email, Roland. I will take it if no one else has spoken for it yet.
Dan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

SOLD
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”