Brusletto, Weltersbach, Browning, BRK

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

Brusletto, Weltersbach, Browning, BRK

Post by kootenay joe »

I have picked these 4 knives to sell because they are really good knives, all, never used. I am selling out of financial need and think i have priced them low enough to be a good deal for the buyer. If your assessment as to value differs from mine you are welcome to send an offer. PM works but email might be best: rprocter@telus.net
Prices include the cost of shipping, USPS or maybe Canada Post.
I will make a new post for each knife.
Please note: very dark day today and pics are poor. If you like the knife in the picture, you will really like it in person.
kj

Brusletto: 10 1/2" Long Hunter, blade marked with etch: "Skogheim/Geilo". Although not marked Brusletto i am quite sure it is a Brusletto knife.
I bought this from the original owner, a knife collector who frequently visited Norway/Sweden on business. He bought this knife in Norway in the mid 1960's.
The handle is highly polished caribou antler with a scrimshaw of a cabin in the mountains.
$110
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Brusletto, Weltersbach, Browning, BRK

Post by kootenay joe »

Weltersbach: of all the German Stag handled hunting knives that i have owned or held, this 9 1/2" Wilh. Weltersbach somehow seems like the best example of this genre. Likely from 1960's to early 1970's, never used, close to same condition as when leaving the knife shop.
$75
Attachments
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Browning, U.S.A., 8" Hunter with original sheath, with 40181 on the back, never used but has handling marks. The Browning U.S.A. knives are considered to be the best of the Brownings.
$70
Attachments
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Bark River Knives "Bird & Trout", Elmax steel & African Blackwood handle. OAL 8" with the thinnest blade grind Bark River has done, a super slicer. Will work in kitchen when not doing birds or trouts. I paid $172 from KSF.
$125
Attachments
014.JPG
015.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Posted 3 months ago, giving a bump up now.
I had thought my asking prices reasonable but am open to offers as a few knife sales would be very helpful.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Weltersbach & Browning are Sold Pending Funds.
kj
EDIT: Now SOLD; Thank You
Brusletto & Bark River still available.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

After Many Months: BUMP. For Sale: Brusletto & BRK B&T
The very special Brusletto and BRK B&T knife are both still available. I will keep the prices the same even though prices for Scandinavian knives on ebay have shot up since i first posted this knife. It could go $150 and more now, based on the selling prices of the few vintage Scandinavian knives that do get listed. I would like it to go to an AAPK'er. You will not be disappointed.
And if you are not fully pleased it can be returned for refund.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Brusletto and Bark River are now SOLD.
All 4 knives have been sold.
thanks to all.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kootenay joe wrote:Brusletto and Bark River are now SOLD.
All 4 knives have been sold.
thanks to all.
kj
Congrats Roland, Looks like I found this post too late.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The Brusletto is the nicest one i have ever seen. Handle might be walrus tusk. The BRK is the thinnest blade grind BRK ever did, so super slicer.
I'm just agreeing with you: quite special knives and priced, i believe, in buyer's favor.
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”