My Knives on Ebay

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

My Knives on Ebay

Post by kootenay joe »

I sent 520 knives to an ebay seller in Portland, OR. So far about 160 have been listed and sold. Some were very good deals for the buyer so if you see something you like you might be able to win it for little money.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/newtreasures/m ... 1543.l2654
If you want to message me instead of the seller for info about a knife listing, i will be happy to answer.
Good Luck.
kj
supratentorial

Re: My Knives on Ebay

Post by supratentorial »

I didn't realize those were knives from your collection! I took notice since legit old knives stand out on eBay! ::tu:: Definitely some good deals. A while back, I got a KK for a friend.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Jake. He has about 100 still to list. To the best of my knowledge there are no fakes. And so far some people have got great deals, but not great for me.
kj
keithw

Post by keithw »

Hi KJ,

I hope you do well on your knives.
I bought one of them.
I hope you aren't getting out of knife collecting altogether? ::teary_eyes::
You would be sorely missed!
Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
-- Mike Tyson
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Joe - 520 knifes is a lot to part with at one time! I did get a knife from newtreasures about a month ago: so maybe I got one of them. Good luck on the last 100.
Mel
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for the well wishes. I still have plenty of knives to go including some of the best ones i could not let go of.
Instead of saving for retirement i spent all my money on knives. Now i am dependent upon knife sales to pay the monthly bills. The only difficulty is not knowing how much time i have here so don't know if i should sell as fast as possible, or spread them out over the next 10 years. My children are not interested in knives so i'd rather not leave them a lot of knives to dispose of.
kj
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Vert cool.....how'd you find this fellow?

I was doing that for Bob Paolantonio before he passed....God rest his soul.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"how'd you find this fellow?"
I had bought a number of knives on ebay from this seller over the years. I sent a message asking if he would list knives for me. We got along well in our messages and he drove from Portland to my home in Nelson, B.C. to pick up the knives.
Meeting in person we get along easily which is important.
If i were to try to ebay these myself i think the cost of shipping would hurt the selling prices. 99% of knife buyers are in USA and Canada Post charges $15-$20 to ship a small package with tracking to a USA address, and delivery time is 7 days or more. Hence i think i get just as much money after paying a 35-40% commission to newtreasures as i would selling them myself from here in Canada, and i don't have the work of listing & shipping.
But i do enjoy selling especially here at AAPK for the communication it entails. I have made a number of online friends from both buying & selling knives.
One 'problem' i have is that in pre internet days i would buy knives in second hand stores, flea markets etc. Many of these while still perfectly functional have been well used and have some blade loss. I only send better knives to newtreasures. I have maybe 1,000 or more of these well used knives (mostly vintage USA) and i don't know how best to sell them.
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”