Con Man Warning!! Read this Before You Buy Knives.

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Con Man Warning!! Read this Before You Buy Knives.

Post by Miller Bro's »

A couple days ago a member using the name Apollo 1939 placed an ad in this forum wanting to sell a couple WWII German military knives. They peaked my interest among other members here and I e-mailed him about the items. He seemed to be in a rush to get these sold and the price was way too good to be true. After a couple of e-mails something smelled fishy to me. I Google his name and low and behold this is what I found out about this character :shock: And there is much more if you search Google.

http://www.thirdreichmedals.com/pictures/pawel.html

http://www.jref.com/forum/japan-practic ... read-7412/

He has since been banned from this site and I warned the member who posted in the thread that he wanted to buy both of the knives pictured, I hope he did not send any money!

So a word of Warning to all, make sure you know who you are dealing with before you ever send any money to anyone for anything, especially when the sellers are out of this country.

I have dealt with many international sellers many of whom are on this site as regular members and never had a problem, however there are always a few bad people who prey upon good people so be careful.

I am going to make this a sticky for a while as a warning to all members.
AAPK Janitor
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Con Man Warning!! Read this Before You Buy Knives.

Post by TripleF »

Yeah, I suspected something fishy......just felt it throught the wireless vibes I guess.

Maybe we should suggest a minimum of 10, 20, or 15 posts before you list something for sale?
We used to do that on a cigar forum I visited, and it worked fine. The rule could be broken if a recommendation from a known member was approving the seller.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

If I buy a knife from someone who hasn't been a member very long....I ask them to ship it first...especially if it’s a large amount. ::nod::

Thanks for the heads up, Dimitri. ::tu::

I can't remember who...but someone jumped on them pretty quick....hope they didn't get burned. ::facepalm::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Hope he dont come down my street ::hmm:: A-hole ,,,,,times are fuff these days but there`s no excuses for that !!!
dudleythetogi

Post by dudleythetogi »

He has been hitting the Japanese Sword forums for years now,most have the warning about this guy as a "sticky"
He targets new members,gets their email when they log on.
Greg
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

He recently ran a very nice SS Dagger through BladeForums. It was quickly detected.

They provided some good information over there.

As he obviously does not own the item he's purporting to sell, he borrows pictures from collector's websites. The SS Dagger actually belongs to a noted collector. Over at BF, you can't just post a photo, you have to use a hostintg site like PhotoBucket. Instead of doing that, he just linked to the photo's actual location on the internet. If you right click on the photo, scroll down to "Properties" and click that, it tells you exactly where the photo is located.

This little prick needs an adjustment in his attitude and demeaner.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

This little prick needs an adjustment in his attitude and demeaner.
Charlie...I couldn't agree more!! ::nod::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for this info, Miller. Makes me wonder how this type of person can sleep at night.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Ya wow thanks for the post Dimitri.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”