New Silent Soldier Neck Knife (As Seen in Blade Mag)

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
BROUS BLADES

New Silent Soldier Neck Knife (As Seen in Blade Mag)

Post by BROUS BLADES »

I would like to formally introduce the new "Silent Soldier." A new custom neck knife designed by Jason Brous, this model was featured in the January 2011 Blade Magazine. This is the first production model available from Brous Blades.

This Silent Soldier is designed for covert personal carry and offers the maximum design for an ambidextrous finger-locked grip on what may be your final option in a personal security situation. Made from D2 (59-60 HRC), hand-satin finished and double ground, this 1/4" inch thick knife is extremely durable and will last for generations.

Available April 1st! Check out www.silentsoldierknife.com

Check out our High Definition Youtube Video Showing all angles and grip options of the Silent Soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wso2DA1k6I&hd=1

CCBill

Re: New Silent Soldier Neck Knife (As Seen in Blade Mag)

Post by CCBill »

Nicely done. Thanks for showing it...
Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein...
gino

Post by gino »

You already listed and showed this knife a week ago in another thread. Myself and a few others asked some questions about the knife that you never answered. ::shrug::
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
gino

Post by gino »

???
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

Meat Loaf's album "Bat Out Of Hell" is one of my favorites. You'll remember one of the songs, "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad." I must admit that I feel that way on this knife.

1). You are obviously a talented craftsman. Your grind lines are straight. The polish is carried out well without being flashy and gaudy.

2). Your choice of an alloy is one of my favorites. I love D2. It is often overlooked, however some of the best 'hard use' knives are made from D2. For example, the Knives of Alaska use that alloy.

Then you lose it for me.

3). It's a tactikewl necker, one of thousands on the market, mostly seen on mall ninjas.

All of that work and design, all of the promise of fine steel, all of it wasted. I've heard the arguments, I've seen TK Magazine, I've debated the groundswell from manly men and burly dudes and 'the terror of the streets.' I'll take a ragged chunk of pipe over a necker any day. I'll make better slices with a SuperKnife.

I'd like to see your handiwork and metal applied to a knife of some value. It would be great to see your talent used to push the envelope ala The Graham Brothers Razel. But to grind out just another piece of chairborne ranger jewelry leaves me cold.

If you've seen the painting then you know the artist. You're clearly better than this.
Cope

Post by Cope »

GREAT looking knife Jason!!! ::tu::

As has been said there were some questions posted on the other thread you posted just like this one. Who carries your knife or do you sell them yourself?
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

Cope wrote:GREAT looking knife...there were some questions posted
That's why I like this forum. Even when we have concerns or 'holes' in our understanding and interpretation we still are polite. I know that I parsed my own speech to be positive, and I hate self-censoring.

But the condition exists. I once heard a humorous adage, "Friends don't let friends buy ugly knives." And while this necker is well made--and make no mistake here--the man knows how to grind steel, it's just the direction of the art that bothers me.

The sheath looks like form fitted kydex. That's a good choice for hard use knives because it is impervious to filth and liquids of all kinds. It can be washed in the sink. However, how many neckers do you know that come with kydex sheaths on a key-chain? For example, Boker offers The Gnome and has for many months.

The reason I like this forum is that it appears the members are "a cut above" if you'll pardon the pun. It amazes me that guys here (and at least one girl) can spot a fake across the room just by the grip pins. In that guise, we should be seeking quality and innovation at every turn.

But we are also civil, and that's important to me. I think this cutler is one I want to follow. But not based on this knife.
BROUS BLADES

Post by BROUS BLADES »

gino wrote:You already listed and showed this knife a week ago in another thread. Myself and a few others asked some questions about the knife that you never answered. ::shrug::
Sorry about that, I lost place of the thread because it was moved. My appologies
BROUS BLADES

Post by BROUS BLADES »

Cope wrote:GREAT looking knife Jason!!! ::tu::

As has been said there were some questions posted on the other thread you posted just like this one. Who carries your knife or do you sell them yourself?
Right now I am selling them myself, I have a few dealers that will be carrying them in the future. Ill keep you updated
tom0702

Post by tom0702 »

One sweet blade. And I don't know if it was by accident but the ringed holes in the sheath work out perfectly to add 1/8 inch wide tie-wraps so that can carry nicely on your belt... UN-concealed. Its now been Kalifornified! 8) They don't allow fixed blade knives to be concealed.

See attached photo (I think... presuming I can get photo to attach).

Tom from the Left Coast... about 20 miles south of Jason, the master craftsman!
Attachments
Wearing Silent Soldier legally in Kalifornia.
Wearing Silent Soldier legally in Kalifornia.
Erianerson

Post by Erianerson »

if I'm correct D2 is not a stainless steel, its a tool steel which has better rust resistance then for example 10XX or 5160 or other carbon steels.

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”