Three Early Bulldogs

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

Three Early Bulldogs

Post by kootenay joe »

These 3 Bulldog knives are all the so called "First Generation", made in early-mid 1980's while Charlie Dorton was the owner of the brand he founded. All 3 are quite hard to find.

4 1/4" Stag Cattle knife with reverse frosted etch "Cattle King". 1985 is on back tang of Sheepsfoot blade.
$125

4" Pearl Round Bolster Congress, with "TOBACCO" in red letters on front handle. Back tang of Coping blades have "1983" stamped. The upper exposed portion of the 2 Sheepsfoot blades there is darkening due to gas off of another knife and this superficial corrosion removed by me with oil and 0000 steel woolies.
$125

3 1/2" Curved Barlow, Spey master with "Bright Leaf/Virginia". Tang of Pen secondary is stamped "1986", jigged green bone handles, very attractive.
$100

To save space i have not posted pic of the back side of the knives. They look as you would expect similar to front handle.
If you email me i can reply with pic attached.
Pictures all have tree shadows reflecting on blades.

Applies to all 3: never used or carried but do have superficial handling marks,
all walk & talk is good
zero blade play
Please PM or email me if interested: rprocter@telus.net
If you want more than one knife price per knife will come down. If you think the price is too high please make an offer.
As with all knife sales, the knife is returnable for refund minus my expenses of PP fees and shipping.
thanks, kj

Oops, editing to add: Prices !
Attachments
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Three Early Bulldogs

Post by kootenay joe »

The 4 1/4" Cattle knife is now SOLD.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Giving this a Bump. Pearl Congress & Curved Barlow are still available. These are different from the later Bulldogs. As soon as you hold the knife you sense it's quality.
If you buy and don't think it is worth what you spent, please send it back for Full refund plus return shipping cost.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The lovely "Bright Leaf" curved Barlow is SOLD.
Pearl Tobacco Congress is still available; rather rare & very well made.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Pearl Congress is now Sold Pending Funds ("SPF").
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Pearl Congress is SOLD.
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”